Redbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Recruiter. It was the strangest phone interview of my life. Recruiter did not exchange any pleasantries at all - just launched right into questions within 5 seconds of starting the call. Was also grilling me with questions that were not very relevant to the position for which I was interviewing (asking me very detailed technical questions about software engineering and database development and I was not interviewing for an IT role). Started a pattern of asking me a question, letting me answer it, then telling me I was wrong. Told me Redbox is no longer owned by Outerwall, but if you Google it the news still says that Outerwall owns Redbox. Kept asking me vague questions without any context such as "What platform are you most comfortable with". Asked me that question 5 times. When I asked the Recruiter to be more specific, he'd just ask the same question. He asked me barely any questions about the ability to actually perform the job. His tone was also very rude, very direct, and very unfriendly. Made a very negative impression of Redbox.

Interview Questions

• What platform are you most comfortable with?   1 Answer

BI Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

Interview started with about 5 people (Analyst boss, Analyst manager, sr analyst, BI Manager, Developer). Few questions from Analyst boss and manager - they leave. Tech interview with BI & Sr Analyst, one SQL/tech question from DEV.

Interview Questions

• If there is a question around data in the cube, how do you figure out the problem   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

HR reached out to me and we scheduled a phone interview for later that day. She never called! I called her after twenty mins went by and she didn't answer but she immediately emailed me saying she couldn't speak at the moment because she was on the phone. Wth?! So I sent her some times I was available and she never responded. I followed up two days later and till this day..... no response! Don't contact me if you're just going to get my hopes up! Very unprofessional!

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbox (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online through our internal website. From there it was sent to recruiting and then to the hiring manager and the regional manager.

In this situation I had a stat below expectations and did not qualify for a promotion at that time. Instead of being informed of this by recruiting, I was misled , and given a 2nd interview with the regional manager. That was started as an interview for the first 15 minutes before I was informed that I did not qualify for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was familiar with the position I was applying for along with basic questions about my qualifications about the job. They also asked questions that seemed like the interviewer was not aware I was already an employee   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbox (Oak Brook, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Terrible Process. First I got an email from Recruiting, scheduling a time to talk and they never called.
    The next day I received another email rescheduling what they completely missed the first time. Finally had the call and it went well. Moved onto a call with the Director and it went well at a later date. Next I moved onto a 2 hour in-person interview with 4 different people. It went well, but the next day I received an automated message stating they were moving forward with other candidates. That's perfectly fine, I would expect after 2 phone calls and a long in-person meeting that they provide personalized feedback instead of some automated message. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Field Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Cleveland, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter thoroughly reviews your resume with you over the phone and ask about every job listed. Please be on your P' & Q's in regards to this format.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of Customer Service?
      Name a time when you went above you call of duty?   1 Answer

Field Service Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Redbox (Milton, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Salary requirements were addressed upfront. Apparently strong applicants decline or quit due to not meeting their minimum requirements. They wanted to know work history but interested in working as team and technical skills demonstrates. I was allowed to be conversational, so interview was not regimented.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the creative director, associate creative director, was offered the job quickly and started quickly. Started within 2 weeks time. Was not difficult, easy to get along. Team was great. Located far away. Team was great.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

I met with four people separately. Each person asked various questions related to the interactions I would be having with them in the position. The hiring manager was very informative and personable. I also met with a director who was very experienced an interested to learn more about my background.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with data analysis   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with an HR employee who asked typical interview questions, "what would you do in this situation?", "How would you handle this?". 2nd interview was a face to face interview with direct manager. This was less of an interview and more of a rundown of the job, assignments, responsibilities, etc. 3rd and final interview was with direct managers supervisor over the phone. His questions where limited asking if I could handle specific aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• There were not many questions that where difficult/unexpected   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.