Redbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redbox Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is quite lengthy. Once you have been chosen for a phone interview. You then have to submit a drug screen, MVR, school records, and background check. Once you've the background check and MVR clears you are then asked to come in for an in person interview. If all goes well you fill out your paperwork and start the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• How well do I explain/demonstrate my ability to customers how to use the kiosks?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

4 part interview.
    1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Phone interview with a member of the team
    3. Analytics test - You are provided one hour to complete an analysis and create a presentation using data that they will supply.
    4. On site interview - 5 hour interview process with the entire team and other business units.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine where a movie will be most succesful from a rental stand point?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Redbox (Parker, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then emailed a few days after thanking them for taking the time to look over my application and to contact me for an interview. (Not sure if I would have got any response without follow up.) I had two phone interviews. One with someone from the corporate office and the second with the local supervisor. First interview was basic questions about my education and work experience. She explained what I would be doing a little and said it would be fairly flexible. The second interview was just a couple questions and a more detailed explanation of what would be expected of me.

Interview Questions

The area that I thought I would cover changed and was a little further than I would be able to do. The second interviewer, who would be my supervisor, really wanted the work done during certain times so the flexibility sounded not so flexible anymore. The interview went well. But after thinking about the area being further and less flexibility than I originally thought, I called and told them I no longer wanted the position because it wouldn't work with my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Was a very long hiring process. Longest for any job I have ever had but it was also the best interview I have ever attended. The manager and I "clicked" and seemed to have a lot to discuss

Interview Questions

• Many customer service related questions: "What would you do if...."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

Phone screening then in person interview. You need to have basic computer knowledge, a good attitude, and it helps to do some interview prep just like with any other job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is set.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

Four inverviews, HR phone screen, ROS interview, Regional Manager interview, and final inverview being in front of operational board. The whole process take about two months with a lot of dead time between stages.

Interview Questions

• What's something you'd change about the company?   1 Answer

Fsr2 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

2 to 3 face to face and or phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Redbox in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online.

Received a recruiter call/email a few weeks later. The recruiter was extremely nice and helpful. She was very transparent about the position as well as the salary range. Questions were typical: Walk me through your resume, What do you know about us?, Why are you making a move?, What are you looking for? At the end of our call (which went extremely well) she let me know she was moving fast on the position and would like me to speak with the hiring manager. I arranged a phone interview for the next day.

The next day I received no call. No email. Nothing. I felt it was incredibly rude of the hiring manager to blow off a call to a prospective employee. I can only now assume Redbox is a corporation in which the employees do not respect the time or effort of job candidates. I am extremely thankful I didn't spend any more time speaking with an organization that operates in such a way.

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend anyone to reconsider applying/interviewing/accepting a position at Redbox.

Ros Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

the follow a lot of the old Micky D's formula, needed to ware a suit, was put in front of board of directors. flew in and flew out in one long day! a lot of pressure to prepare. upper peers do a nice job prepping you.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox in February 2013.

Interview

Overall, it was an unorganized experience that left me feeling the company does not have it together.

1) Phone screen w/ a HR specialist that called 15 minutes late – great first impression
    2) Interviewer had fairly broken English and I had to ask several of the questions to be repeated, which most likely made it sound like I didn’t understand the question.
    3) Questions were fairly standard. Give me your top 3 strengths, weaknesses, blah blah. These questions are mainly a waste of time tend to not reflect any accomplishments at a company. If I'm positive, did that drive me to cut $10M in expense?
    4) I was informed a phone screen with the hiring manage would be conducted a week later and heard nothing, but did receive an email with benefit info and links promoting the company. The recruiter asked if I had any questions and I sent several…no response.
    5) I reached out to see where they were a few weeks later and still received radio silence. 5 weeks after the initial call, I was informed they went another direction. I’m pretty sure a candidate knows this after 5 weeks. I asked for feedback to which they provided zero.

Based on the experiences provided by others, it appears Redbox company moves very slowly and from what I found on salary sites they pay below industry averages for a multi-billion dollar company. They pitch stock options, but they’re essentially worthless since the stock has hovered around $50 for nearly 3 years. If it were Netflix, it would be a different story.