Redbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redbox Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2016

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

Four inverviews, HR phone screen, ROS interview, Regional Manager interview, and final inverview being in front of operational board. The whole process take about two months with a lot of dead time between stages.

Interview Questions

• What's something you'd change about the company?   1 Answer

Fsr2 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox.

Interview

2 to 3 face to face and or phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Redbox in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online.

Received a recruiter call/email a few weeks later. The recruiter was extremely nice and helpful. She was very transparent about the position as well as the salary range. Questions were typical: Walk me through your resume, What do you know about us?, Why are you making a move?, What are you looking for? At the end of our call (which went extremely well) she let me know she was moving fast on the position and would like me to speak with the hiring manager. I arranged a phone interview for the next day.

The next day I received no call. No email. Nothing. I felt it was incredibly rude of the hiring manager to blow off a call to a prospective employee. I can only now assume Redbox is a corporation in which the employees do not respect the time or effort of job candidates. I am extremely thankful I didn't spend any more time speaking with an organization that operates in such a way.

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend anyone to reconsider applying/interviewing/accepting a position at Redbox.

Ros Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

the follow a lot of the old Micky D's formula, needed to ware a suit, was put in front of board of directors. flew in and flew out in one long day! a lot of pressure to prepare. upper peers do a nice job prepping you.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox in February 2013.

Interview

Overall, it was an unorganized experience that left me feeling the company does not have it together.

1) Phone screen w/ a HR specialist that called 15 minutes late – great first impression
    2) Interviewer had fairly broken English and I had to ask several of the questions to be repeated, which most likely made it sound like I didn’t understand the question.
    3) Questions were fairly standard. Give me your top 3 strengths, weaknesses, blah blah. These questions are mainly a waste of time tend to not reflect any accomplishments at a company. If I'm positive, did that drive me to cut $10M in expense?
    4) I was informed a phone screen with the hiring manage would be conducted a week later and heard nothing, but did receive an email with benefit info and links promoting the company. The recruiter asked if I had any questions and I sent several…no response.
    5) I reached out to see where they were a few weeks later and still received radio silence. 5 weeks after the initial call, I was informed they went another direction. I’m pretty sure a candidate knows this after 5 weeks. I asked for feedback to which they provided zero.

Based on the experiences provided by others, it appears Redbox company moves very slowly and from what I found on salary sites they pay below industry averages for a multi-billion dollar company. They pitch stock options, but they’re essentially worthless since the stock has hovered around $50 for nearly 3 years. If it were Netflix, it would be a different story.

Senior Manager, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Ter, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR a few days later. She left a message on my voicemail. I called her back several times over the course of two weeks at different times of the day. She never returned my calls. I just happened to reach her on my last attempt. We scheduled a phone interview. She e-mailed me to inquire about the date and time because she couldn't remember when she scheduled it with me.

During the interview, we talked about my experience, which went very well. She then asked me about social media. I told her that while I'm knowledgeable, I don't have a lot of hands-on experience professionally with it. I mentioned that the job description didn't mention anything about social media. She told me that i was wrong and it as a social media job.

She cut me off, asked if I had any questions about the company. I asked her if this meant that I was no longer a contender for the role. She said, "No, you are not. You have great experience but not what we're looking for." I told her that I didn't have any additional questions and wished her well.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question about social media when it was no where in the job description   Answer Question

You Have An Impressive Resume! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied April 2012 for their L1 Machine Support position. They were hiring for 12 people, training for this would consist of about 4 people, so they would have 3 classes. I was like great, no problem. I have a great chance. Splendid.

I received an email from HR beginning of June 2012. I applied on their company website and they emailed me starting out with "You have an impressive resume! " Really? Please read on.

I was told that I would receive a telephone interview but that HR would have to see how the Hiring Managers Schedule is. Ok....it went like this for almost a month. I thought in an organization, that you can just go into someones Outlook and see what their schedule is. Oh well. Redbox is behind the times or not as tech savvy I guess.

Anyway, finally got a telephone interview by a Supervisor. I did my due diligence after its all said and done...you know, thank you email, etc.

So after that, probably a few days I received a telephone call about coming in to do a face to face interview with the team. Most communication was via email but to schedule an interview they called me. Ok. HR told me the date/time etc but to wait for the confirmation email first.

I seen in one post on here that someone did not receive the confirmation email re face 2 face and they just showed up and things did not go well. Interviewee was pissed. I can understand this. When HR told me to wait for confirmation email, I was like, ok...thought HR calling me would be enough but if that's the way they do things, so be it. I did get the confirmation email. Great.

Met with HR, took me to a separate building for the Machine support position. Now, I thought Redbox was all about teamwork and working in a call center was teamwork. To have another separate building for Machine Support was odd to me. Their reason is that they are over flowed in the their main building.

Anyway, I had 2 face to face interviews with 2 people in each interview that are "supervisors".

Interviews were kind of ok, not bad. No hard questions.

1 dude was asking questions and talking to me while looking at the table.

2nd dude thought Windows 7 came out in 2008. (I was talking about Windows Migration from previous job and the company migrated from Win XP Pro to Windows Vista in 2008. ) Dude says they should have migrated to Win 7. What? In 2008? Come on Redbox!!! I corrected him on this and felt like saying, "oh, so your a supervisor and you did not know this? Wow

3rd dude - only reason he is working there is to watch movies and play games. (if I said this during an interview I would not be selected....come on!!)

4th dude - He did not say much.

This team I felt to be way too young, into games (tossing ball around and socializing), watching movies.

I am not a young guy and not older then 40 but I have plenty of experience and Redbox stated " You have an impressive resume!" Sure thing Redbox. Generic cut/paste email I am guessing. I asked them a lot of questions and thought I answered their questions to the tee. I have done this type of work before, call center, tech support, etc.

I am glad I did not get hired. Not at the wage they are providing.

Oh, another thing....when you get the email from them, the phone number they have listed will not be their direct no. and it will change all the time. Its either a conference room or a temp phone in their office.

Folks, do not waste your time. Gas is expensive and if your HS days are over...doing a face to face interview with them will seem like your old HS days again.

I am not upset that I did not get hired as are glad that I did not. I am letting you all know what I went through.

If you have nothing better to do, go through this process. You will be wasting your time if you do and can make way more money.

Interview Questions

• In 2008, why would your previous company migrate from Win XP Pro to Win Vista. Shouldn't they have migrated to Win 7?   1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Step 1:an in-house HR recruiter called me, I did not even apply for the position.

Step 2: a technical phone intreview with the QA manage, he was nice and easy going he indicated that i did good and that the recruiter will call me for next step.

after that the proccess strated moving slow

the recruiter started acting careless i emailed him no answer and i call he does not answer or return my calls

after 4 days he sent me an email saying we would like you to come in for an interview in which four people will interview me 45min each and asking what time is good for me i said anytime just let me know.

then i was waiting for him to schedule the interview and he was taking his time and i did not like the fact that he ignored me, at least send me an email let me know whats going on, anyhow he answered me after 3days saying that he does not handle that interview scedule and someone will contact me to let me know whats the day for the interview.

then a girl from redbox calledm me after 3 more days and we agreed on a day over the phone and she said that she will send me an email with all the information, the day of the interview was getting closer and closer and she never sent the email i called and emailed her no answer so i just went on the interview date i went in and asked about her and said that i am here for the interview.

after waiting for half hour she called the front disk and asked to talk to me and she was so arrogant and disrespectful

her : oh i never confirmed your appointment you dont just show up like that and HR has the position on hold

me: but you did confirm it over the phone with me

her: no no i will have some one call you in an hour and explain to you

me: wow r you serious you know what i have never been disrespected like that in my life i am not even intrested in working for your company anymore i just want you to know that this is not right and you should treat people like you like to be treated

her: sorry

me: bye

conclusion: arrogant, disrespectful, unorganized

Fsr2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone from the District Manager a few days after submitting my resume for the posted position. An interview was scheduled to take place at a casual public eatery. Since my Regional manager was on vacation, the District Manager also conducted the interview. The Manager was easy going, and he felt very approachable. After I was offered the position, the hiring process took some time. Expect 2 weeks from the time of the offer before you get to start your first day of employment.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discribe your ability of good organization and have an example of how capable your are for attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation, the amount verbally offered during the interview was not the amount I was hired at. I started at .50 cents less than verbally offered, since I was unemployed, I stil excepted.

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Not too bad, it was panel interview with some of the Leadership Team. I never felt nervous, I just tried to pay close attention to the questions and situations presented so that I could respond appropriately. Overall I felt very comfortable with the all the leaders that participated in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• All were STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, Result.   Answer Question