Redbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redbox Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

Senior Manager, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Ter, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR a few days later. She left a message on my voicemail. I called her back several times over the course of two weeks at different times of the day. She never returned my calls. I just happened to reach her on my last attempt. We scheduled a phone interview. She e-mailed me to inquire about the date and time because she couldn't remember when she scheduled it with me.

During the interview, we talked about my experience, which went very well. She then asked me about social media. I told her that while I'm knowledgeable, I don't have a lot of hands-on experience professionally with it. I mentioned that the job description didn't mention anything about social media. She told me that i was wrong and it as a social media job.

She cut me off, asked if I had any questions about the company. I asked her if this meant that I was no longer a contender for the role. She said, "No, you are not. You have great experience but not what we're looking for." I told her that I didn't have any additional questions and wished her well.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question about social media when it was no where in the job description   Answer Question

You Have An Impressive Resume! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied April 2012 for their L1 Machine Support position. They were hiring for 12 people, training for this would consist of about 4 people, so they would have 3 classes. I was like great, no problem. I have a great chance. Splendid.

I received an email from HR beginning of June 2012. I applied on their company website and they emailed me starting out with "You have an impressive resume! " Really? Please read on.

I was told that I would receive a telephone interview but that HR would have to see how the Hiring Managers Schedule is. Ok....it went like this for almost a month. I thought in an organization, that you can just go into someones Outlook and see what their schedule is. Oh well. Redbox is behind the times or not as tech savvy I guess.

Anyway, finally got a telephone interview by a Supervisor. I did my due diligence after its all said and done...you know, thank you email, etc.

So after that, probably a few days I received a telephone call about coming in to do a face to face interview with the team. Most communication was via email but to schedule an interview they called me. Ok. HR told me the date/time etc but to wait for the confirmation email first.

I seen in one post on here that someone did not receive the confirmation email re face 2 face and they just showed up and things did not go well. Interviewee was pissed. I can understand this. When HR told me to wait for confirmation email, I was like, ok...thought HR calling me would be enough but if that's the way they do things, so be it. I did get the confirmation email. Great.

Met with HR, took me to a separate building for the Machine support position. Now, I thought Redbox was all about teamwork and working in a call center was teamwork. To have another separate building for Machine Support was odd to me. Their reason is that they are over flowed in the their main building.

Anyway, I had 2 face to face interviews with 2 people in each interview that are "supervisors".

Interviews were kind of ok, not bad. No hard questions.

1 dude was asking questions and talking to me while looking at the table.

2nd dude thought Windows 7 came out in 2008. (I was talking about Windows Migration from previous job and the company migrated from Win XP Pro to Windows Vista in 2008. ) Dude says they should have migrated to Win 7. What? In 2008? Come on Redbox!!! I corrected him on this and felt like saying, "oh, so your a supervisor and you did not know this? Wow

3rd dude - only reason he is working there is to watch movies and play games. (if I said this during an interview I would not be selected....come on!!)

4th dude - He did not say much.

This team I felt to be way too young, into games (tossing ball around and socializing), watching movies.

I am not a young guy and not older then 40 but I have plenty of experience and Redbox stated " You have an impressive resume!" Sure thing Redbox. Generic cut/paste email I am guessing. I asked them a lot of questions and thought I answered their questions to the tee. I have done this type of work before, call center, tech support, etc.

I am glad I did not get hired. Not at the wage they are providing.

Oh, another thing....when you get the email from them, the phone number they have listed will not be their direct no. and it will change all the time. Its either a conference room or a temp phone in their office.

Folks, do not waste your time. Gas is expensive and if your HS days are over...doing a face to face interview with them will seem like your old HS days again.

I am not upset that I did not get hired as are glad that I did not. I am letting you all know what I went through.

If you have nothing better to do, go through this process. You will be wasting your time if you do and can make way more money.

Interview Questions

• In 2008, why would your previous company migrate from Win XP Pro to Win Vista. Shouldn't they have migrated to Win 7?   1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Step 1:an in-house HR recruiter called me, I did not even apply for the position.

Step 2: a technical phone intreview with the QA manage, he was nice and easy going he indicated that i did good and that the recruiter will call me for next step.

after that the proccess strated moving slow

the recruiter started acting careless i emailed him no answer and i call he does not answer or return my calls

after 4 days he sent me an email saying we would like you to come in for an interview in which four people will interview me 45min each and asking what time is good for me i said anytime just let me know.

then i was waiting for him to schedule the interview and he was taking his time and i did not like the fact that he ignored me, at least send me an email let me know whats going on, anyhow he answered me after 3days saying that he does not handle that interview scedule and someone will contact me to let me know whats the day for the interview.

then a girl from redbox calledm me after 3 more days and we agreed on a day over the phone and she said that she will send me an email with all the information, the day of the interview was getting closer and closer and she never sent the email i called and emailed her no answer so i just went on the interview date i went in and asked about her and said that i am here for the interview.

after waiting for half hour she called the front disk and asked to talk to me and she was so arrogant and disrespectful

her : oh i never confirmed your appointment you dont just show up like that and HR has the position on hold

me: but you did confirm it over the phone with me

her: no no i will have some one call you in an hour and explain to you

me: wow r you serious you know what i have never been disrespected like that in my life i am not even intrested in working for your company anymore i just want you to know that this is not right and you should treat people like you like to be treated

her: sorry

me: bye

conclusion: arrogant, disrespectful, unorganized

Fsr2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone from the District Manager a few days after submitting my resume for the posted position. An interview was scheduled to take place at a casual public eatery. Since my Regional manager was on vacation, the District Manager also conducted the interview. The Manager was easy going, and he felt very approachable. After I was offered the position, the hiring process took some time. Expect 2 weeks from the time of the offer before you get to start your first day of employment.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discribe your ability of good organization and have an example of how capable your are for attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation, the amount verbally offered during the interview was not the amount I was hired at. I started at .50 cents less than verbally offered, since I was unemployed, I stil excepted.

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Not too bad, it was panel interview with some of the Leadership Team. I never felt nervous, I just tried to pay close attention to the questions and situations presented so that I could respond appropriately. Overall I felt very comfortable with the all the leaders that participated in the panel interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Started with a quick phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews. The final round interview included a couple case interviews but it was mostly fit and experience questions. People were friendly overall though and it wasn't too high-stress of an environment. I really got to know the team and the type of work through the interview process.

Project Manager, Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter at Redbox. Set up a 30 min phone call. She asked me to apply on their online system. Which I thought was odd because I already have. And how would she have gotten my resume otherwise? Clearly shows she did not review my profile in her system. On the initial phone interview with the recruiter she asked me where I went to school. Which also shows she did not read my attached resume nor the application in her system. I also submitted a presentation as an example of my work.

We eventually made appointment for another phone interview with the hiring manager. She was polite and friendly. No oddball questions. But I was given a quick half hour for her to explain the position, ask questions about it, and describe my experience. One of my answers fell a bit flat which was tough to recover over the phone. Would have preferred a face to face. I am a local candidate, so that wouldn't have been an issue for me. Some of my responses to her questions generated a bit of positive surprise on her part, which is again odd because all of this stuff was clearly written on my resume, cv, and the presentation I sent. I definitely thought I deserved to be brought in to a face to face after the second phone screen given my experience was right in line with the two key responsibilities of project management and market research. But as I said before, one of my responses did fall a bit flat as I was unprepared for it. I had to pause.

2 phone interviews. And the next step was to be brought in for a panel interview I believe. If you don't absolutely nail the phone interviews, you won't make it to the next step. But I was a bit put off by the fact that neither the recruiter nor the hiring manager really read through my materials. Especially after I was asked to put in the extra effort to supply a presentation.

Regional Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Grueling! Two interviews via phone. One at ROS level the other at Regional Manager level. The final interview was nothing short of a Spanish inquisition consisting of four Directors. If any one of the directors voted you 'out' you out that was it. No majority rulings here. Unless the hiring process for ROS has changed, prepare yourself!

Interview Questions

• The typical managerial questions, "What is the highest number of reports (employees) you have managed". And "Have you ever had to terminate an employee for a disciplinary reason.". Oh and don't forget to study up on Behavioral Interview Questions, "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"   1 Answer

Field Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied via Careerbuilder. I was contacted by a recruiter. She did an initial phone interview. Then she set up an phone interview with the ROS. The ROS set up a face to face interview. The RM followed up with a phone interview. The hiring process was typical to any other company.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions. I did hear anything I haven't heard before.   Answer Question

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

A round table of several people from each department asking questions that pertain to their department. First time I had someone from HR involved in the interview 1 on 1

Interview Questions

• What is your best asset? What gets me angry? the same usual interview questions   Answer Question