Redfin Listing Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redfin Listing Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Redfin

2.6

Listing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Redfin in March 2019.

Interview

3 phase interview process. First interview with recruiter was over the phone and was more basic. Second interview was with a team of three different managers. Last interview was with the same team of managers and was solely a role play.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult client or agent and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Redfin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redfin (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

1 hour phone call. Interviewer was extremely nice, focused on communicating general information about the Redfin model and mission, salary, opportunities for growth and managing my expectations. Redfin offers a fantastic opportunity for agents with a strong work ethic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Redfin (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job with this company twice. The first time was two years ago, when the interview consisted of a conference call of about 12 other interviewees. The company said it would follow up but never did.

The second time I applied was in 2017, at the request of someone I knew who worked at Redfin. She said my first interview went really well and they liked me, but they didn't have any jobs. Strange, because Redfin constantly posts on CL to hire people.

This time, after submitting my application, I received an email asking me to fill out a survey and personality test. I did that.

Then they said they couldn't find my resume. I resent it.

Then a coordinator called and I did a phone interview, about 45 minutes. The questions related to my experience, background, and would I be open to other positions, which I was.

Three weeks later I got an email to interview with the market manager, at a location an hour away. I went there and did the interview.

Two weeks later, I finally heard back. I saw that someone else had been hired for that position in that office, so I asked my contact what was going on. She must have asked whoever was in charge because I got an email saying they hired someone else for the position.

IMHO, this company jerks people around.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone above and beyond for a client?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were extremely busy and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Redfin (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to schedule a phone call within a few hours. Spoke with an HR recruiter the next day. It was not your typical real estate agent interview. Don't expect them to sell you on why they're a good choice or what they have to offer better than your current brokerage. They were looking for someone who'd done in depth research into the company and wanted someone who was already in their fan club, who raved about the difference Redfin offers customers compared to other brokerages. Your usual brokerage companies recruit - this is a true interview. Do your homework and be ready to gush about why they're great and how you fit their team / tech / customer orientation if you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get into real estate?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your background and how many transactions you've done. What price ranges, how many buyers? Sellers?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Redfin and how we do business differently, what we offer our customers?   Answer Question

Listing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Redfin in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewer will contact you for a phone interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. It was pleasant an went quickly. I was asked to give talk about my experience in the industry. Conversation was very upbeat. I was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time that you went out of your way to provide service to a client.   Answer Question