Redis Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redis Labs Interview Questions

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Redis Labs (Mountain View, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

1 HR phone screening, 1 hiring manager phone screen and team interview on site. Everyone was very friendly and transparent. Products are best in class. They also shared their goals with me.

Interview Questions

• Actually, I asked them about A/B testing and being data driven. We spoke heavily on their product line and I asked about some of their competition and what makes them stand out.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redis Labs (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a phone call with the manager, followed by in-person with manager and head of sales. Then a final interview in which I presented their product at a high level in a mock sales context. Be prepared! But they were supportive and offered encouragement and constructive feedback. Finally I chatted with the CMO.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Redis Labs (Mountain View, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Challenging yet interesting and educational. Spoke with the hiring manager first and we discussed general database fundamentals, tuning, troubleshooting, etc. and then the manager provided an exercise that all candidates must complete, but at their own pace. The manager was helpful during this process in clarifying parts of the exercise that were designed to be vague. Had another technical interview, an interview with the HR representative and the hiring manager again at the end. Got a great feeling throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Without giving anything away you'll want to be prepared for questions such as "can you describe to me what ACID stands for", "can you explain to me how high availability works with a database". Any person in the database space should be able to answer these types of questions, but the better you can explain these concepts (i.e. as if explaining them to a prospect who might not be aware of such concepts) the better, of course.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redis Labs (Mountain View, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter to share my background. Next step was to take a short technical exam and demonstrate familiarity with EC2, building tools, and figuring out how to install Redis. This was followed by a debrief and an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Speak to your experience as a sales engineer or solution architect, specifically focusing on your client interactions, demos you had to create, and PoCs you had to build.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redis Labs (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I apply to the position via LI and had an initial call within a couple of days. Following that, I had a Skype call with the hiring manager and was flown to company HQ for an on-site interview shortly after. Overall the process took roughly 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• My recruiting Strategy   1 Answer
    • my level of understanding of what the company is doing   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Redis Labs (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Incredibly Disorganized, Unfocused, Non-responsive and Lacking in Communication. Was contacted by Head of Department for phone screen, 3 weeks later they said they were going to send a code challenge, another 3 weeks went by and they finally sent it. The test was a mess and not directly related to the job description. The test itself had multiple errors in logic, spelling, syntax, punctuation and was difficult to understand what they were asking....it was clearly written by an outside agency with no clear direction. I was contacted by the internal recruiter who was newly hired....I waited another 2 months before I contacted them and they decided not to open the position up, but neglected to tell me. THE WORST INTERVIEW PROCESS EVER, A TOTAL DISRESPECT FOR THE CANDIDATES TIME.

Interview Questions

• The questions were ill convieved   1 Answer

Redis Labs Response

Jan 22, 2018 – Director of Global HR

Thank you for the review. We appreciate any feedback as it helps us to better ourselves.
    We truly apologize for the inconvenience and take full responsibility.
    The company is growing fast with... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redis Labs.

Interview

It was a very well run process which included multiple stakeholders across the organization. Each interviewer was engaged, prepared and respectful of my time. The process moved along quickly, there was constant feedback and expectations were consistently and accurately set.

The first phase was with the leadership of the solutions architecture organization followed by a short technical exercise and technical interview. There were no "gotcha" questions; everything was relevant to the types of questions we face daily. Next was a F2F interview, followed by meetings with leaders of other relevant departments such as Sales. Finally a meeting with the HR lead concluded the interviewing phase and an offer was extended.

The offer matched everything that was discussed and committed in the earlier phases.

Interview Questions

• A lot of focus on culture, leadership and scenarios from prior experience. Technical questions included architectural considerations and trade-off analysis. Make sure you prepare by reading the documentation online.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redis Labs in August 2016.

Interview

The first stage it's phone interview, then frontal interview inside the company. While the phone interview I been asked about java memory model, so be prepared. While the frontal interview the interviwer ask me to write some sql query on his laptops. I could use internet, but interviewer watching every step.

Interview Questions

• Given my sql database contains event lot table with created date field. Using sql get count of every day events in given month from event log table.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redis Labs (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview is by phone with the R&D leader which is basically just to get to know the candidate. The candidate will be asked about relevant experience, about his motivation to work at the company, salary expectancy etc. Also expect questions such as "why would you be a good addition to the company?".

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Redis Labs (Mangalore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

very good.questions mostly on heat and mass transfer, very thorough with atleast one subject.from heat transfer questions mostly on heat exchangers and evaporators .in mass transfer questions mostly on distillation column