Redis Labs Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redis Labs Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Redis Labs

1 Interview Review

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redis Labs in January 2020.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews.

Round 1) Recruiter Phone Screen: Basic screening to gauge whether it's fit for both sides.

Round 2) Customer Support Team Lead Phone Interview: Interview with the team lead. A bit more personal questions to get to know the candidate and dig deeper to ensure they're fit for the team and role. Some technical questions thrown in as well. Basic questions about why clustering is used, when/how to use telnet, basic linux command line questions. Discussion about the next steps.

Round 3) Technical Assessment: They want this to be done all in one sitting which can be several hours (they estimate 6-8 hours, but it can likely be done quicker if experienced with the product and its configuration settings). Once they've sent the test via email, it cannot be rescheduled, so be sure to keep an eye on your email to make sure you don't miss when they plan to send it! Here is an excerpt of the test as provided:

1. Verify connectivity to the remote hosts and "reply all" with confirmation (or explain any connection issues you’re facing).
2. Install standalone Open Source Redis server version 3.0.7 on Server A.
3. Use memtier-benchmark tool, created by Redis Labs, to load data into the standalone Redis.
4. Install Redis Enterprise Software GA version on Server B.
5. Setup Redis Enterprise Software.
6. Create Redis DB on Redis Enterprise Software.
7. Please send an email (Reply All) with a few details about how it is going so far.
8. Enable Unidirectional Replica Of between the Redis Enterprise Software and the Open Source Redis.
(Source: OpenSource Redis, Target: Redis Enterprise Software)
9. Choose any technology to implement this using the most appropriate Redis Data Type:

Insert 100 random values (can be any pseudo random of any type of data) to the Redis OSS server, and read and print them in a reverse insertion order from the Redis Enterprise Software Redis resource.
Explain why this is the most efficient Redis Data Type for this task.
(Note that this step is completely independent of step 3.)

Rounds 4+) Tech assessment Feedback interview and peer interviews as needed.

Interview Questions

Redis Labs Response

Feb 5, 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our interviewing process. We are sorry to hear you did not have a good interviewing experience and assure you we are always working to improving. Our team dedicates a lot of time for interviewing, to guarantee every new member who joins the team is a fit for the role and team. Our technical exercise is designed to ensure only top talent joins us and would like to keep its integrity as much as possible. We appreciate sharing an example of the old version as it will allow other applicants to consider the level of technical standards our team holds. We’ll make sure the new version upholds the same level. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.