Reed Business Information Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Website Manager Interview

Interview

Telephone screening, one in-person interview with several staff members, one at a time. There was a meet-and-greet with each person on the team on the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their first offer was low, but after discussions they were able to meet my expectations. I felt respected during the process.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary, except that HR is very incompetent. Must take two assessment tests.

Negotiation

salary non negotiable, however a starting bonus was offered

Sales/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Recruiter numerous calls before setting up anything
    Phone and in person w recruiter
    Phone and then phone/we ex interview
    In person interview w 3 individuals
    Various testing requirements
    Final in person interview and offer

Interview Questions

• None basic interview just many of them
      Asked for a PowerPoint and demo of product for second interview using WebEx   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cut and dry no negotiation on salary gave small gtd bonus

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Met with the marketing director and it was the usual set of interview questions regarding experience and qualification, awareness of what the position entails, what I could bring to the job, etc. She was very personable and professional and it didn't feel like an interrogation or anything, mostly a free-flowing discussion.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself down the line, not necessarily in regards to this position?   Answer Question

Regional Advertising Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Personal phone interview then psychological exam then in person review of exam - Personal interview with Division Manager then reinterview with HR then interview with original Boss - Phone call to discuss salary - less than one week later I accepted the position

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you - Will you take our psychological exam   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straight forward -Negotiable base plus commission -bonus

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Norcross, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

In march I received an email from Reed Construction Data ( A Reed Business Company) expressing interest in my qualifications and that they would like to set up an interview. I had two 45 minutes phone interview with the HR Manager and the Director of QA. Both interviews went very well and I was invited to come in for several face to face interviews. On the day of the interview, I arrived 30 minutes early so I had time to settle in. My first interview was with the Senior Project Manager, I fielded a host of questions all of which I answered to the best of my ability. The interview lasted an hour. On my second interview, I met with two members of the QA team and again fielded their questions again to which I answered to the best of my abilities. Next, I met with the Senior Software Developer. He went on to explain the product and the day to day development activities. I then fielded his questions again to which I answered to the best of my abilities. Three and a half hour later I was not meeting with the Director. Once again I fielded questions and answered to the best of my abilities. After four hours the intense interviewing process was finally over however, before I walked out the door I had to once again meet with the HR manager for another mini interview after which I was then told I would be contacted the following week.

On Tuesday of the following I was contacted once again by Reed and told that I should come in for another series of interviews. Upon my arrival I met with the HR Manager to go over benefit information ect. I was told I am the last man standing and I was there to interview twith he mighty VP, the Director once again and another Development Manager. Two hours later the interviews were finally over and I was told I would again be contacted the following week. I walked out of that office very confident because they had thrown everything at me including the kitchen sink and on each occasion I had done similar or much larger projects.

The following week arrived and it was now Wednesday and I still was not contacted by Reed so, I sent them an email with the read receipt turned on so I will be informed by the email server when my email was open and read. My email was read but not reaponded to. Two days later I recieved a call from the HR Manager... This was what she said " They have done my background checks and my back ground was impeccable however, I am a very structured individual coming from a very structured company and their company is not at the level I am so they are going to pursue other candidates" After picking up my lower mandible( Jaw bone) off the floor I said thank you for your time and send them all a thank you email.

Now, with that said... I have never heard of or seen any thing like this. The goal of any company is to hire the best and the brightest... Unfortunately, Reed Data Construction choose to pass on me as a candidate because I did not FIT(read between the lines) the mold of the individual Senior management wanted in such a high profile position so they threw the HR Manager under the bus who basically had to come back and tell me the bad news after she gave me the heads up that I was in and I ihad mpressed all who I had met...

And everyone is wonder why wall street crashed and so many other businesses are failing... There are plenty of smart capable folks aout there that are being shut out for what ever reason but at the endo of the day we are only hurting the gorwth and prosperity of the country. The position is still open by the way but at the end of the day iam glad this happen because the signs indicated that it was not would not be a good place for me to work.

So, 11 interviews totalling 8hrs and an overall duration of 2 plus weeks... I was extremely disappointed by Reed Data Construction(Reed Business) The only positive was their interview process made me even a better interviewee...

Interview Questions

• Standard QA questions that covered the over all SDLC methodology   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview, that was pretty short and the person interviewing was really nice.

Then had an assessment day: First had a short meet and greet with other candidates and some of the team. Then we watched an introductory presentation.

Afterwards had a group design challenge, where we were given a group design task and then had to present it.

Then had a General aptitude test (mostly basic stuff).

Afterwards, everyone was split into two groups; half had their one-to-one interviews and the other half will take part in a second group task (then switched).

Finally we watched a closing presentation.

Interview Questions

• Asked to talk about my portfolio and projects I've done   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

At their office block in Sutton they insisted I complete their aptitude test before considering me for person-to-person interview. Having met the required score they then allowed the job interview to proceed. I'm so grateful RBI!

SEO guy seemed pleasant enough but did grill me about the work I did previously for another firm. The whole experience with them was perfunctory and by the numbers. The REAL stinker is that they could't get back to me and courteously supply me with the outcome of the interview. Arrogant people with no manners or standard courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to improve the ranking of the previous website you worked on?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was ok, standard questions. Interviewers were polite and professional, as you would expect.

HR was absolutely appalling, useless and unresponsive.It took on average two days to respond to a mail. She sent me details for the interview one hour before it was meant to happen. I wish I was joking.

Two weeks later, I'm still waiting to hear if I got the job or not, even after emailing HR asking for feedback. Avoid like the pest.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process for the position of the account manager was very organised and through. The company first engaged in a phone interview. After that there was a Skype interview with several management members.
    The final stage of the interview was a visit in the London office. After you meet the management and the team members in person, the company will then have a final session and tell you whether they would like to keep you or not.