Reed Business Information Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Reed Business Information Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview, that was pretty short and the person interviewing was really nice.

Then had an assessment day: First had a short meet and greet with other candidates and some of the team. Then we watched an introductory presentation.

Afterwards had a group design challenge, where we were given a group design task and then had to present it.

Then had a General aptitude test (mostly basic stuff).

Afterwards, everyone was split into two groups; half had their one-to-one interviews and the other half will take part in a second group task (then switched).

Finally we watched a closing presentation.

Interview Questions

• Asked to talk about my portfolio and projects I've done   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

At their office block in Sutton they insisted I complete their aptitude test before considering me for person-to-person interview. Having met the required score they then allowed the job interview to proceed. I'm so grateful RBI!

SEO guy seemed pleasant enough but did grill me about the work I did previously for another firm. The whole experience with them was perfunctory and by the numbers. The REAL stinker is that they could't get back to me and courteously supply me with the outcome of the interview. Arrogant people with no manners or standard courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to improve the ranking of the previous website you worked on?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was ok, standard questions. Interviewers were polite and professional, as you would expect.

HR was absolutely appalling, useless and unresponsive.It took on average two days to respond to a mail. She sent me details for the interview one hour before it was meant to happen. I wish I was joking.

Two weeks later, I'm still waiting to hear if I got the job or not, even after emailing HR asking for feedback. Avoid like the pest.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took place in their Sutton office. First I had to do a written test, but the person responsible for conducting it arrived half an hour late, consequently the UX team had to wait for me to start the interview.
    The interviewers were in a hurry to hire someone, so I was asked to do an expert review of one of the services they offer. The presentation was OK, and at the end they were extremely keen on my ideas, no feedback given.
    Questions are straightforward, competency based and about working processes.
    At the end, one of the interviewers refused to shake my hand. I went home really disappointed after this.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Once the recruitment agency had interviewed me I was put forward to RBI and an interview was arranged. The recruiter was disappointed that they didn't know more about the role but apparently they are not allowed to talk to hiring managers. I was 'greeted' by an HR person who was a bit miserable and I was not made to feel very welcome at all. Then I had to complete a test in 12 mins that was numeracy and literacy. I am masters educated, consider myself bright but not lightening quick mental arithmetic. The test was fairly difficult but the room was hot, stuffy and I scraped through. The whole process so far made me want to leave and go home. I have been for other interviews in equally large corporates and they seemed pleased to see me and did not make me jump through a ridiculous maths and English hoop. You really won't find your best people if you work like this.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

1st Interview with my direct line manager; 2nd Interview with the Sales Director EMEA and 3rd Interview with the Sales Director EMEA/ APAC. Well organized interview process with direct feedback from the head hunter after 1 or max 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What was your target in numbers from the last two roles?
      How did you manage to reach your number?
      What is your way of selling?
      Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Went through an agency, group interview with approximately 20 people was whittled down to a shortlisted 8 with 4 jobs to spare. The hiring managers it seemed went mostly of personality and their gut rather than any particular competence. Did a mock sales call and initially had a 1 to 1 interview which lasted approximately 5 minutes before being offered the job the next day, through the agency.
    Sounds like a hard process as described however most hired colleagues had much smaller groups with less rigorous selection pressures.

Interview Questions

Interview

hiring process was quite straight forward and hassle free

Interview Questions

• state an example of how you managed difficult stakeholders   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by assessment day with written tests

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Business Information (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Quick and efficient process, interviewers were very thorough and to the point, but remained friendly throughout. The interview took place in their Sutton office. Questions were competency based, there was also an excel test. Feedback was provided quickly through an agency.