Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially I was scheduled for an interview in st.louis interview was done by 3 members at a time, all the questions were technical related to my previous experience and my role, I was given to complete a skills test.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions at all, all the questions were technical   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Interview

I temped to hire.....no interview
    Went in via Manpower agency, was hired on 6 months later.
    My first boss there became my mentor for 12 years after that.
    This tool tells me to write more, so now I'm just typing nonsense....

Interview Questions

• Do you know about audio-visual?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Saint Louis, MI).

Interview

five separate face to face interviews. Nothing unexpected. Each interviewer asked the same basic questions. Did not think it was a very good process. Panel interview would have been better.

Interview Questions

• What in in the trunk of your car   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Straight Forward. You do a LOT of interviewing before actually being offered the position. They also force you go through a battery of aptitude test, which I don't believe determines how well an employee will perform on the job, but there it is. The good thing is that anyone with at least a high school education should find no problem with the process or exam.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter who viewed my resume from an online job site. Explained the job position in more detail and set up a face to face interview with the hiring manager.

Face to face interview was easy, although the employees seemed a little cold. After the interview I reached out to the recruiter, after my third attempt, received an email stating he did not receive any feedback from the hiring manager, but will reach out for details. Never heard from the recruiter again.

Interview Questions

• Talked about prior experiences and reason I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

Director, IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Interview

Was asked to prepare a detailed, challenging and comprehensive presentation (based on assumptions about the company without any info provided) to showcase my knowledge and experience as well as presentation ability, relationship building skills, managing from the center. Multiple screenings in person and via phone.

Interview Questions

• Name as many benefits as possible that a corporate worker can provide to the business units. With each answer, I was prompted for another value-add.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Interview

easy interview- I brought show and tell and knew the hiring manager through friends. The job was laying out several magazines each month and several directories each year- several questions about ad positioning in both directopries and magazines . layout of editorial was also discussed and favorable positioning fro repeat advertisers.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR was harder- they wanted things like my HS diploma (1971)   Answer Question

Negotiation

they made a reasonable offer- I accepted

User Experience, IxD Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

hiring process was tedious, repetitive, and a hassle. Had me jump through all of these hoops only to find out months later that management has no idea what is that I do.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle obstacles from co-workers and clients.   Answer Question

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Took about a month. First I received an email from a recruiter about my resume I had sent. Two weeks later I had a phone interview with HR and then the department director and a week after that I interviewed with 5 more people, in person. They were all very friendly and it was a great experience. The offices were nice and everyone seemed happy to be there. I got an offer a week later.

*make sure you research the company before your interview.

E-Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by this position. I expressed interest, and was interviewed by 3 separate people at separate times. They were all very nice, and welcoming. After joining the team was friendly and the manager was friendly. Consider yourself blessed if you get in. They have a kitchen with unlimited coffee, tea, 2 microwaves, fridge, and a water station. Nice place to sit and have lunch. Plus really good perks. It's a nice corporate company to work for. The location is great, and very convenient for commute and various eateries.