Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions

2.9

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The process was very thorough and friendly. After the interview I felt I was definitely being considered. I was interviewed by several people within the management team. They seemed to be very fair with the process and nothing was tricky about the questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Interview

A couple interviews. Nothing special.

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Contract job.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

First, several questions and answers were exchange by email. These were followed by many phone interviews, mostly with recruiting staff, including he option of a web conference or video conference interview, before finally there was one in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Reed Elsevier Group   1 Answer

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, significantly overqualified for the position but I assumed there might be opportunities for growth. The interview itself was simple and straightforward-- until they offered me the job on the spot but then never followed up afterwards? Definitely a bizarre experience, this office at least seems a bit disorganized/out of it. I wouldn't have wanted the job given the lacking professionalism-- not that I ever saw a real offer from HR! Two months later, the position is still listed on their website as unfilled and my application is "Under review."

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite supervisor and who was your least favorite?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Several intereviews with different C-levels and other senior managers in the team. Overall discussions were relaxed and friendly. A bit slow in the offer but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a success you had in your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy because they offered exactly what I asked for.

Chief Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Dayton, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

They found me and reached out via retained search / recruiter who made live contact. They screened me on the phone (one person) and decided to fly me to Dayton, OH for a full day of 1:1 interviews -- nine-in-a-row with a break for lunch (still an interview). Each person asked very good questions that probed my skills and revealed something about the company. They also left ample time for my questions and answered them fully. Well done.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a greenfield to address our current state content systems, what steps would you take and what would the end state look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their first offer was WAY above my expectations! I jumped at it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

Was simple and easy.

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial: HR Phone Interview followed by manager phone interview. I was then flown in to the office for an interview where I proceeded to have "chats" with a total of 11 people from ad ops, editors, and innovation. I didn't hear anything for more than 6 weeks, when I was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• To provide an on-the-fly verbal competitive SWAT analysis between this company and what I perceive to be the closest 3 competitors in the space.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation - I came in at the top of the salary range (which was confirmed during my employment).

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Lots of questions about the current state of academic reference products.

Quality Assurance Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Maryland Heights, MO) in September 2009.

Interview

Short phone interview with manager and one employee.