Regal Cast Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regal Cast Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Regal

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regal (Visalia, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was called a couple weeks later and was asked if i was interested in an interview. The interview wasn't super intimidating considering the friendliness of the staff. We met in a different part of the mall for the interview. They gave me a couple papers to look over. It had the requirements, dress code, and duties.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Regal

Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Forest Hills, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I apply through paper, because I knew someone who worked there. I got an interview soon after, interview was why you want the job(worst question ever). They told me about the duties I'd have to perform and what not...but that doesn't really matter I got job through nepotism, so take this review with a grain of salt.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Regal (Greenville, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty average, nothing too special. It was in the middle of the day and I had gone in to talk to the hiring manager after receiving a call regarding my application. The interview itself was somewhat short and it seemed more out of necessity than anything else considering I was offered the job right away. For it to be my first job, it was pretty exciting to have that secured.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Regal (Columbia, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

It was very straightforward and easy. The initial interview was one on one with one of the managers. They asked pretty simple questions. It wasn't super formal and the managers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? How do you handle stress? What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regal.

Interview

Very simple. Submitted application online and was called back a few weeks later. Interview was simple - just seeing if you had the availability to work (especially if you're able to work weekends, holidays, and possibly till close ~2AM). Then called references - as soon as those checked out, was offered a position.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal.

Interview

Knew the GM so it took about two weeks to get interview and paperwork complete.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up an interview time. I was away at college so I set the date in two weeks. When I arrived I sat waiting in the lobby of the theater for about 30 minutes. Finally I was asked to go upstairs where I met with the hiring manager. The interview took about 30 minutes if that. General questions were asked, "why do you want to work here", "how do you deal with conflict", etc.

Interview Questions

• If you were to describe yourself as a person or thing, what would be?   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal in March 2013.

Interview

Called in for an interview asked basic questions such as why would you like to work here how long would you like to work here, then gave reference sheets. You must have two references fill out and return. After that they either call back or refuse to call back.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No the pay is set.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regal (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application online in march. Got a call about coming in for an interview with the general manager about 5 days after submitting the application. The interview took place in a small office and was simple. I was given two reference sheets to have filled out and given back to the manager. I got a call with a job offer 2 days after turning in my reference sheets that two of my professors filled out for me. Found out the job was seasonal, which was fine because I just wanted a summer job.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Oakland, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Probably one of the easiest processes I've ever been through. Keep in mind this job is really friendly for people as their first job. This was my first job interview & job, and the process was a breeze. I went to customer service before watching a movie, asked for an application, filled it out & turned it in on the spot. It was a basic piece of paper - it just asked for your job history (some people don't put anything and still get the job, I put all my volunteer & leadership work I did during high school) & basic info.

About two or three weeks later I got a call asking for an interview. Day of, I dressed up in slacks & a button up with a tie. I went to the theater's customer service & they gave me a paper with instructions of where to go. The actual offices were on the second floor, which was accessed by an elevator hidden behind concessions. I was a little early, and there was a person waiting to interview before me. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I got called in & it was an individual interview in an office with one person on the other side of the desk asking me questions. Sat down, and was asked some pretty basic questions. Things such as "why do you want to work for us", "tell us about a difficult situation you've had", "tell us about a conflict you've had with a superior and how you handled it." It was just stock interview questions.

After the interview, I got a call back saying I was hired and when & where to be for orientation. After working with the company for two years during high school, I can say it's one of the easiest hiring processes around. The hiring manager told me that they interviewed everyone who submitted an application. They've hired people who have shown up in casual clothing, although it's best to go business casual (do not overdress for the position. A suit is too formal, but it won't matter much anyway). The absolute best time to apply is before summer or before the holidays. Think maybe April or May for summer or September or October for the holidays. This is when they actually hire. The company never hired outside of those two periods because they did not have the hours for it. Your theater may differ, but typically the busiest times of year are summer & winter. My theater also did not do seasonal hires, so you would keep your job until you quit or were fired even after the busy season. A lot of people would take leaves of absences and only work as seasonal employees, but that was a choice. It's not like retail where they hire you on for 90 days or whatever. Once you're in, you're in (just expect your hours to drop after the busy seasons). Don't overthink it. It's simple. If you have any job experience whatsoever you're probably a shoo-in. If not, just talk about ANYTHING in the past that has shown that you may be a good worker. Most of the people they hire are in high school or just out of high school. It's a great way to start building job experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with your superior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation really. You'll start at minimum wage and that's just pretty much par for the course. There are no benefits or anything else so there isn't really anything to bargain for.