Regal Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Regal

1.8

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regal.

Interview

I applied online then got a call the next day to schedule an interview. Went in for an interview two days later and it lasted about fifteen minutes. The gave me three reference papers that would need to be filled out by two professional references and one civic references. When I turned in the forms I got a call three days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What what you do if you saw an employee steal money? What was your favorite thing to do at one of your previous jobs? What have you liked and disliked about a past boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations it was 8.00/hr take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Regal

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regal in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online at the end of April and received a call for an interview within the hour. Applying early before the summer starts is key! Had an interview a few days later, and was hired as a temp 30 day employee. After the 30 day period, they can choose to hire you as a regular employee or let you go. With new corporate policies, you can be kept on as a Variable Part-Time (averaging no more than 30 hours between 2 weeks) or as Regular Part-Time (no more than 25 hours a week).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Regal Cinemas?   Answer Question
    • Scenarios: Such as an aggrivated customer coming up to you with a complaint - how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything was fairly straight forward, saying what the wadge was, and confirming the avaliablitiy that was listed on the initial application. The only thing close was what my future plans are, getting at how long i was going to stay, and I suggested transferring to another theater when I left for school in the fall.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regal in October 2013.

Interview

I had applied during the summer in late July or August and the manager did not contact me until October, so they did lagg on calling me. But the interview was pretty east going, the manager asked me basic questions as to why I wanted to work here, etc. And she was really funny and easy to talk to. This was definitely the most relaxing interview I've ever been to.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard or really difficult questions. They just asked background questions and if you were hired what you would contribute to the buisness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

The whole process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a call a few days later scheduling an interview. The interview was really simple and took like 10 minutes. Just basic questions with straightforward answers. I'm always amazed when somebody gets interviewed and doesn't get hired. After the interview I submitted references. After they were verified I was scheduled for orientation and the whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of situation questions "What would you do if...."   2 Answers

Negotiation

It's part time minimum wage. There is no negotiation.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed online through their website, got a call for an interview after a week or so. The Interview was straight forward and got a call 3 days later with an offer for a floor staff position

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regal in June 2013.

Interview

It wasn't very difficult.

Submitted my job application online then went into the theater and asked about hiring status/job application status about a week later to let them know im interested.

Got an interview a couple days later and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Your typical interview questions. There weren't very many hard ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Regal (Bend, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

Its a very basic one on one interview with a manager. It shows them how well you can speak. It also is your first communication in person with an employer. It's a very simple interview with standard questions. Why do you want the job? What motivates you? Who is your biggest role model? Describe yourself. It is easy but kind of long. Lasts about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. You get an offer, yes or no. Very simple.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regal (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Was an very easy process, I had went online and filled out an application on regal cinemas website for floor staff found out it was a part time, just what I needed for my first time job, and trust me understand that if this is your first time job it is okay, you need no experience, and it's really easy unless your dumb, so I got called for an interview after like a week or so, it was an on phone interview first asked a few questions really straightforward, and then was asked for the second interview which was an group interview (yes the last interview I actually wanted, but I needed it badly) so I passed first one and 4 days later was the actual interview, all I say is know your stuff your skills and be ready to talk, they are looking for people that are good communicators, happy, great personality people, and people willing to work their ways of hours, so use that to your advantage, please don't say oh you a hard worker during this interview it's just to simple, so the manager came up (she an awesome person) asked us like 5 question, sat us right next each other and she was in front of us, she asked questions typical ones I'll say it down there with the questions... But I'm gonna add that out of the 5 only 3 got it, and this what I was saying they needed to be more a happy and willing to talk their looking for that it was their first job to but needed to share more be excited and communicative they needed that cause that's what they looking for, she have us references papers, I got two that asked for professional/educational/civic references, and I needed to give in by Friday and boom, I was offered the job on the spot two :) this is a simple process, know what your saying, study for the interview and be prepared, and be yourself smile and be happy show expression, I learned that when I failed to get the job from amc, now i know

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are your Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why you wanna work here at regal?   Answer Question
    • If you were to describe yourself as a person or thing, what would be, it can be anything?   Answer Question
    • Situational question, if you were late what were you do? What is best to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

$8/hour non negotiable offers, take it or leave it!

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Regal.

Interview

You will have to have 3 references so make sure you have some from business and some for community. best bet is to keep in contact with a teacher or two.

Negotiation

when you begin you are usually at minimum wage raises are about every year

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Regal in April 2014.

Interview

I applied 4 day before getting a phone call. The interview was set up the next evening. Went in. Dress casual. Black slack and blue blouse. First thing they ask you, is of course, tell me about yourself and then went on to basic questions. No questions about strength or weakness. Basic, why you want to work here, what should we hired you compare to other candidates. Do you have any experience working with customer service, are you able to work weekend, holiday, and night, are you able to lift 75lbs alone and ask if you have any questions for them. I would recommend asking them a lot questions to make it seems you are interested in job.

I asked questions like:
    Is it a part time or full time?
    Am I seasonal worker? what is the dress code here? what time does it usually get busy? etc etc.

They were only hiring 6 people and said they'll make their decision in two days and will start calling hiring applicant at 5-8 if you dont received a phone call from them, dont call back, but take it as you didnt get the job. and go back and reapply. I got the call exactly at 5 and I took the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and why should do you think you are a better fit candidate compare to other.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, pay mini. wage, everyone is part time unless you move up to management.