Regal Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Regal

1.8

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regal in November 2014.

Interview

Went in for an open interview, hiring manager loved me and told me i would be a great candidate. She only asked me my availability and why i wanted to work for Regal.

Other Interview Reviews for Regal

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Regal.

Interview

I applied online and then went in myself to match a face to the application. I asked for a manager and waited for 5 minutes until I was appointed to one. The manager was working a shift behind the candy counter and seemed scattered. I introduced myself and the manager explained that I should expect a call within a week and if I didn't receive one I should follow up. I was not contacted so I went in a week later. I was appointed to the hiring manager this time and he immediately scheduled an interview with me within the next 3 days. I went in for the interview and everything went well. I was given reference sheets to have returned as soon as possible. The manager said that potentially, if I had them filled out that day, he could have me working the next. Well, I got the references in the very next day and I haven't heard from them yet. I've left messages and I cannot get anyone to contact me back. It has been over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regal (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called in about a week later for an interview. It turned out to be a group interview, which made me even more nervous. We all sat in the same room and the manager asked us some questions. There was no order for each of us to answer, you could answer first or you could answer last. The best is to pratice your responses and participate first. As I was answering a majority of the questions first, the other people would say the same thing as I did, just switched up a little. You want to impress them with another answer. Other than that the process was about an hour, gave us refrence sheets to fill out only if you're called back. It was very professional I have to say.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is good customer service?
      Is the costumer always right?
      What would you do if a customer was being difficult?
      Strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Douglasville, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Pretty typical interview process. They call and schedule a time for the interview. Once you arrive, they sit you on the bench just outside. Then the manager interviews you in the lobby, asking just basic questions about job history, past employment, what makes you a good leader, etc. There's not really a negation on the salary since it's a super basic job. The offer is essentially minimum wage, take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really stood out as being a difficult or unexpected question. Just be yourself. Try to connect with the manager if you can. It really just boils down to whether or not you're likable.   Answer Question

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Regal in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call 3 days later. Did a phone interview and then set up an interview for the next day. Came in and sat down and he went over the job descriptions for each role (concessionist, usher, box office cashier). Basically explained everything about the job and gave me chances to ask questions. Most questions were about why you want to work there and why they should hire you. There was also a math question during the interview but it was fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to put your personal emotions aside in order to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee steal out of the cash register?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work at a fast pace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I went in to submit a resume. From there they called me back and it was a group interview setting. Although it was just a minimum wage job, you must dress to impress.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Fresno, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied aand with in a week, got a called with interview on phone then interview after 2 days of calling. Simple and easy only 2 questions, she was super nice and funny. Laughed most of the tinevitable during interview.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Regal (Concord, NH) in May 2013.

Interview

I was offered one interview, and came in to talk with one of the managers. The conversation was casual, and after some interview questions I was offered a training shift later that week. The process was smooth and efficient.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you witnessed a theft occurring?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I walked in and was greeted by the manager and given papers for the responsibilities of floor staff, he then told me to take a seat. I waited for about 5 minutes while him and the assistant manager got the papers ready. The interview process was short and easy, they first asked me generic stuff such as "Can you work weekends?' "Can you be on your feet for long ours at a time" . But there was a couple questions which the manager said were new and they just received the day before my interview. Those questions were more personality driven and less actual scenario questions. After those I got my questions that I had a feeling were going to be asked. The manager was very laid back, which helped me sense it was my first ever interview for a job. He made the interview comfortable and it actually made me want to work there more if he was my boss.

After the interview was over, the manager gave a list of things I would need if I got the job (work permit, uniform requirements, social security number, etc.) and he said he would call me back that Thursday. I felt pretty confident by the way he gave me an exact date, and uniform requirements. The day came and no call. I assumed I didn't get the position and lost hope and started applying to other places. About 2 weeks after the suspected date, he called and apologized they didn't get back to me sooner and asked if I was still interested in the job. I said yes and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• What two super powers would you have?

What's your favorite movie and why?

If you could make a movie, what would it be about?

Describe yourself with one word.

If you saw an employee stealing what would you do?

Why should you be late to work, and when do you think late is?   Answer Question

Regal Response

May 3, 2016 – Human Resources Generalist

Welcome to the Regal team!

Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Regal (Sonora, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. She was really pleasant and worked with my schedule. We scheduled the interview for three days later. It was a relaxed setting and the questions weren't difficult. She gave me some reference forms to fill out and bring back, which I did the next day. A day after I brought the forms back I got another call and got hired! Quick and easy process!

Interview Questions

Regal Response

Apr 14, 2016 – Human Resources Generalist

Welcome to the Regal team!