Regal Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regal Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Regal

1.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Regal (Bellingham, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was very "standard" with questions like. "Why should we hire you?" "Do you have experience working as a team?" "Do you have experience and are you willing to work unpredictable/long hours?" Basically, if you've interviewed for an entry level job before, you should be fine. Even if you haven't, it's very basic and would be a "starter" interview.

I mainly would like to talk about post interview or "the hiring process," and I must say IT WAS A DISASTER. I worked in a large scale (20 screen) movie theater for 4 years, and was informally promised a job during the interview because of my experience.

Later, I was given "the run around" for months while they tried to contact 1 of my employers on my resume. The movie theater gave me a stellar reference (I was very close to the manager they contacted). I was told that because my OTHER employer has a policy that DOES NOT allow them to disclose any information about my work ethic (they only give information about dates of employment) that they could not hire me. I contacted said employer myself, and was told that there was NO WAY they could give that information, and was given theworknumber.com (very common employer verification website) for Regal Entertainment to check for verification purposes. Apparently that wasn't enough. After checking in, and offering other references they finally allowed me to contact another (non work related) reference as substitute. After promptly completing that I was told by the manager of the theater that "The temp person who was filling in for HR was mistaken," and essentially that I just wasted my time.

I continued to be cordial and checked in frequently, but was basically told, "There's no way I will be able to hire you," every time I tried. I was there so frequently that other employees and managers knew my name, and asked me how I was doing. I was even told by another manager that Regal Entertainment, doesn't even give references about work ethic! Only verification of employment! He even admitted how hypocritical it was!

Ultimately, I did not receive an offer of employment despite copious efforts on my part and being vastly overqualified to work in a 4 screen theater. I would not recommend even interviewing for this company because, if this is the way they run their business, I would hate to actually be a part of it.

Good luck if you're interviewing and happy job hunting.

Interview Questions

• None. Make sure you have SOME kind of experience working in a team environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regal

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

the interview was very fast and easy you don't need experience this is a job for teenagers dont expect to move up its a good job just to have a little bit of money on the side but defiantly not worth the pay

Interview Questions

• how long do you plan on working for us   1 Answer

Regal Response

Sep 26, 2016 – Human Resources Generalist

Welcome to the Regal team!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a call for an interview and went in to speak with a manager. It's the simple questions like "Why do you want to work here? "Why do you think you're a good fit?" "Do you have any questions for us?" And after the interview, they called me back about a few days later saying I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regal (Wichita, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

You apply and wait for a call. If you don't receive a call after 1 week or 2 to schedule an interview call the place. Once you've scheduled the appointment you will meet with the hiring manager and normally if they continue to hand you papers for the job, it most likely means you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Why I want the job. How I could benefit them by working there. If it was my first job.   1 Answer