Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Associate Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Albany, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I have a Ph.D. and am at a more senior level. I have worked for multiple companies and have had many interviews over the years. This was by far the worst interview I've experienced. I was contacted by a recruiter about the position. The recruiter warned me that the hiring manager was a bit "dry". That was an understatement. During the phone interview, I often wondered if he was even paying attention. Despite some reservations, I went to an on-site interview. I want to stress that this interview was arranged during vacation I had with family so I could accommodate their schedules. The hiring manager in person was just as dry, if not worse, than on the phone. He frequently complained about other departments and even his superior, the VP. I had many interviews throughout the day - none were friendly and no one smiled, barring the receptionist. Even the HR looked exhausted and unmotivated. The staff frequently mentioned a "drug of the day" environment, which suggested a lack of focus and over-expansion. I was to interview with the VP, but this man, who was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, was too busy to meet with me (despite days of advanced notice). The obvious lack of management skills by the hiriing manager and the cold reception from others left me flat. The company's lack of focus made me question if they would succeed. I told the recruiter I was not interested. The recruiter was hesitant to state this to the company. Fortunately, Regeneron did not make an offer (perhaps they saw my disillusionment) but they refused to tell the recruiter any reasons. This frustrated my recruiter (they need this information to recruit more specific candidates) so much that her company now refuses to interact with Regeneron. For any candidates now, think twice about joining this company. Look at their "products" and their HUGE debt. And really see if this is for you.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about assays, management, skillset, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

It involved a total of 17 interviewers because they were all afraid of making a decision on their own and being held accountable. It was embarrassing and a perfect example of people being promoted into management without the right skills who have never been trained how to interview.

Interview Questions

• They all asked versions of the same obvious questions reading my CV in the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Very Informative Process for the Candidate. Phone screen. Two in person on site interviews. Great opportunity to learn and meet everyone you will be working with. Provided lunch. Respectful objective, and fair questions. Didn't get any tricky questions. Really honest questions to find out if there is a mutual fit.