Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Clinical Development & Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. First, an interview with HR asking basic questions, followed by a virtual behavioral interview which was submitted via video. Finally, a behavioral interview with a hiring manager over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in July 2017.

Interview

Misleading-was clear with hiring manager about type of position I was interested in, and they proceeded to offer a lower level position. Also backtracked on agreement about remote work. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual about experience, education etc   1 Answer

Associate Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screens with hiring manager, team members, and VP. Very relaxed and positive. Felt like they were trying to learn about me, not throw a bunch of canned questions at me. Then a day of face to face with many different functions. No presentation as such. Just good discussions. However, I think there is typically a presentation...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Albany, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I have a Ph.D. and am at a more senior level. I have worked for multiple companies and have had many interviews over the years. This was by far the worst interview I've experienced. I was contacted by a recruiter about the position. The recruiter warned me that the hiring manager was a bit "dry". That was an understatement. During the phone interview, I often wondered if he was even paying attention. Despite some reservations, I went to an on-site interview. I want to stress that this interview was arranged during vacation I had with family so I could accommodate their schedules. The hiring manager in person was just as dry, if not worse, than on the phone. He frequently complained about other departments and even his superior, the VP. I had many interviews throughout the day - none were friendly and no one smiled, barring the receptionist. Even the HR looked exhausted and unmotivated. The staff frequently mentioned a "drug of the day" environment, which suggested a lack of focus and over-expansion. I was to interview with the VP, but this man, who was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, was too busy to meet with me (despite days of advanced notice). The obvious lack of management skills by the hiriing manager and the cold reception from others left me flat. The company's lack of focus made me question if they would succeed. I told the recruiter I was not interested. The recruiter was hesitant to state this to the company. Fortunately, Regeneron did not make an offer (perhaps they saw my disillusionment) but they refused to tell the recruiter any reasons. This frustrated my recruiter (they need this information to recruit more specific candidates) so much that her company now refuses to interact with Regeneron. For any candidates now, think twice about joining this company. Look at their "products" and their HUGE debt. And really see if this is for you.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about assays, management, skillset, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

It involved a total of 17 interviewers because they were all afraid of making a decision on their own and being held accountable. It was embarrassing and a perfect example of people being promoted into management without the right skills who have never been trained how to interview.

Interview Questions

• They all asked versions of the same obvious questions reading my CV in the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Very Informative Process for the Candidate. Phone screen. Two in person on site interviews. Great opportunity to learn and meet everyone you will be working with. Provided lunch. Respectful objective, and fair questions. Didn't get any tricky questions. Really honest questions to find out if there is a mutual fit.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone call from HR arranged for my first 30 minute phone screening with the hiring manager. Then I received an email from someone else asking for another phone screening. They didn't tell me it was a 2nd one, so I politely told them I already had one. But they clarified, and a 2nd 30 min phone screening was scheduled. Then I received an email for an onsite interview on a specific day of their choosing, with an itinerary of who I will be speaking with. It turned out to be an interview with a total of 14 people at 30 minutes each, one or two people at a time. A very daunting process, turned out to be okay. Everyone made me feel very comfortable. They give you a 30 min free lunch, but make you eat with whoever your interviewers are for the 12 o'clock hour. In all, I was there from 9am-2:45pm and was told to follow-up in 2 weeks if I don't hear anything; so I did, and they were still interviewing. At the 6 week mark, I followed-up again after all 3 of my references were checked, but I was told they were still doing interviews, which was odd because the hiring mgr said there were only 2 others that were being considered for the position and I was the first to come in. 8 weeks and 1 day it took for them to tell me they went with someone else. Why did they bother checking my references if they wanted someone else? My guess is that the person they went with requested a lower pay rate, because I was clearly over-qualified for the position, and they told me that day I came in that the rate I was asking was definitely not what the job pays, but I told them to make me an offer anyway because I was flexible. (The pay rate question they ask, is like a trap in my opinion.) I don't know why they didn't just tell me they were going with someone else right away before stringing me along for 2 months. About 8 hours of my time was invested interviewing over the phone and in person, just to be given a rejection email 2 months later. Just doesn't seem right.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a problem that you relayed to your supervisor a little too late, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

1 step phone screen
    2 step in person interview
    They just asked basic behaviour questions. And some of the basic technical questions. One of the questions was. What are your strengths? Also they asked if I was familiar with GMP. And how is my experience working with a team?

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in October 2017.

Interview

online application and telephonic interview by Talent acquisition manager.
    Had telephonic interview set up within 2 days with the hiring manager.
    This where things went bad about my Regeneron opinion...
     Hiring manager was least interested and was yawning even before the interview started ?

Interview Questions

• Describe your current experience and how it will help Regeneron   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

After a phone interview, I was invited to give a 45 minute presentation on my research, followed by 1:1 interviews with senior management and scientists in the group to which I was applying and a group lunch. I was offered the job about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you dropping a project before it is finished and starting a new project?   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in May 2014.

Interview

it took about two months from the first contact for interview till the final job offer. Had two on-site interviews, meeting with team and senior management. Overall smooth process.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions asked. No typical HR questions, which is good.   Answer Question