Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

4.0

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Application with research statement and future research interests, phone interview with a member of the postdoc steering committee, HR phone interview, on-site interview w/ 5 other candidates (give a talk, meet with potential postdoc mentors, 2-on-1 interviews with postdoc steering committee)

Interview Questions

• Interviews with steering committee were very intense grilling session on your talk.
    One question- "You can do any type of research you want at Regeneron, what will you do?"
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was actually called by HR when a postdoctoral position opened up because I had my CV uploaded to their database. HR gauged interest, then scheduled a phone interview which went very well. They then scheduled a full, in-house interview (from approximately 11-4) which included a 45 minute seminar I gave on my data. Rest of that day consisted of 1:1 interviews with most people in the department. Went very well and then I got called back the following week to meet with the VP who was on vacation at the time. That also went well. They then asked for my references, called at least one and made me the offer shortly after. HR kept me continually updated throughout the process and I didn't have to ask them for a status update once.

Greatly enjoyed the process and very much enjoyed everyone I spoke with. I asked everyone whether they were happy working there and by and large it was a unanimous yes. There were some gripes about the salary and cost of living in Westchester, but everyone was pretty happy with their position regardless. The new lab building is modern, state-of-the-art and on some beautiful grounds as well.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay abandoning a project that wasn't working? (or something to this effect)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't much negotiation since they kind of preempted me. The position was for a Postdoc but they outright offered me a Scientist position based on my experience with a much higher salary than I expected, plus a number of stock options as well.

The offer, because they offered me a position above what I applied for, was "firm and final." But I was very much OK with that.