Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It really wasn't a pleasant interview. The company didn't seem to care for the candidates at all. They didn't cover the travel expenses for any candidate within 50 miles... And the interview process was poorly arranged. They asked me to come twice to interview dozens of people, which could have been arranged on the same day, and without compensating any expense at all...Most importantly, some of the interviews were very aggressive and hostile. They didn't even seem to be interested and kept giving me a hard time. And after all these lengthy and tedious interviews, they said they had someone with a closer background.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience. What makes you unique? What is your plan for the future?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in September 2016.

Interview

Had a scheduled phone screen in which they called 20 mins late. While the rest of the experience was fine the next phone interview with the hiring manager was the most unprofessional I have encountered. The hiring manager stuttered through most of the questions, did not describe their position, and seemed clearly annoyed. The hiring manager interrupted me while I was still asking questions to try and wrap up the conversation. I was informed the hiring manager was only there for 3 months and coming from academia and I have to assume it was their first interview. Everything felt very unprofessional and you feel completely undervalued.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what you have been doing for the last two years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY).

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by an on-site interview. Interviews consisted of a mix of technical and personality questions. On-site interview was a full-day, including interviews with 10 people including scientists, post-docs, technicians, and HR managers.

I was told I would hear back within 1-2 weeks regarding a decision, I was in fact never contacted. 30 days following my interview, I contacted the recruiter who told me the position had already been filled. In my opinion it is very rude and unprofessional to not notify a candidate after a face-to-face interview that they were not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions.
      Questions that assess your personality type.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in June 2016.

Interview

First it was two phone interviews: one by the hiring manager and another by the lead on the project. Then, if they believe you would be a good fit for the position, they will extend an offer for an onsite interview that consists of 3 hours worth of speaking with people from various areas of the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about past experiences, background, education, and generally just trying to feel out your personality to see if you would be a good fit. A lot of the questions pertained to how well you can function in a group/alone.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Pro: Recruiting and HR very friendly.
    Cons:
    I was left numerous times by myself in a room for 10 min, making me feel not valued
    Passed other interviewed candidates in hallways and in restrooms
    A particular scientist made rude faces and was sarcastic during interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Simple phone screen with HR followed by a second phone screen with the manager a few days later. Then, several 1 on 1 or panel interviews in person. No presentation required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation room.

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

HR scheduled a phone screen and an on site interview within a week of applying online. Everyone that I met was very friendly. Interview included one on one with hiring manager and group interview with research associates. Interview was approx. 3 hours and included lunch. HR responded to questions within 24 hours.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

The university recruiter was very laid back and honest. Most of the questions were behavioral as well as a few situational. She was able to answer all my questions. I met with the recuriter during the career fair and the next day they had on campus interviews. After that interview I was told I would hear back in 4-6 weeks. Its been about 5 weeks and I have still not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time when you had a conflict with a superior in a work environment?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Very friendly! It was 5 different interviews. 4 were 1 on 1 and one group lunch interview with the people I would be working with. The 1 on 1 interviews were an hour each. Each person asked why i want the job and all the standard interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

This whole process began when I was referred from inside the company and applied for an opening back in February. It was two months until I received a phone screen; a phone interview shortly followed the following week and was about a half hour long.

About a month of waiting, phone calls, and emails after that I was invited for an in-person interview. The interview was about 6 hours long of back to back one on one interviews. I had lost my voice by the end of it. Overall, the place seemed nice and the people there were friendly. I waited several weeks anxiously before receiving an email that they had extended the offer to someone else. I was dissapointed but thanked them for the experience.

Another two weeks later, I received a phone call from HR, asking to be considered for the position again. I agreed with enthusiasm. They then sent me an email saying they would like to offer me the position contingent upon a positive reference from my current employer. I had told them multiple times over the phone, in person, and through email that I did not want my employer contacted until they were fully prepared to offer me the position, because informing my employer I was leaving would jeapordize my job status. They said they understood and agreed and I gave them contact information for my current employer (whom they contacted the next day).

A week went by before I emailed HR asking about the status, they said they would let me know early next week. The next week came and went and I still heard nothing. I contacted them again about the status of the job, they again said next week. This went on many more weeks of waiting, then either emailing or calling to follow up. Eventually they called me saying they were retracting their offer.

This has been by far, the worst hiring process I have ever gone through. No one I know has ever heard of an employer doing this, even my family who has been in the business world many years. Unless you don't care about losing your job and waste months of your time (this process was 6 months total), I recommend staying as far away from this company as possible.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in some sort of conflict with a coworker? If so, how did you solve it?   Answer Question