Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY).

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by an on-site interview. Interviews consisted of a mix of technical and personality questions. On-site interview was a full-day, including interviews with 10 people including scientists, post-docs, technicians, and HR managers.

I was told I would hear back within 1-2 weeks regarding a decision, I was in fact never contacted. 30 days following my interview, I contacted the recruiter who told me the position had already been filled. In my opinion it is very rude and unprofessional to not notify a candidate after a face-to-face interview that they were not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions.
    Questions that assess your personality type.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Pro: Recruiting and HR very friendly.
    Cons:
    I was left numerous times by myself in a room for 10 min, making me feel not valued
    Passed other interviewed candidates in hallways and in restrooms
    A particular scientist made rude faces and was sarcastic during interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

HR scheduled a phone screen and an on site interview within a week of applying online. Everyone that I met was very friendly. Interview included one on one with hiring manager and group interview with research associates. Interview was approx. 3 hours and included lunch. HR responded to questions within 24 hours.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

The university recruiter was very laid back and honest. Most of the questions were behavioral as well as a few situational. She was able to answer all my questions. I met with the recuriter during the career fair and the next day they had on campus interviews. After that interview I was told I would hear back in 4-6 weeks. Its been about 5 weeks and I have still not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time when you had a conflict with a superior in a work environment?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Very friendly! It was 5 different interviews. 4 were 1 on 1 and one group lunch interview with the people I would be working with. The 1 on 1 interviews were an hour each. Each person asked why i want the job and all the standard interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

This whole process began when I was referred from inside the company and applied for an opening back in February. It was two months until I received a phone screen; a phone interview shortly followed the following week and was about a half hour long.

About a month of waiting, phone calls, and emails after that I was invited for an in-person interview. The interview was about 6 hours long of back to back one on one interviews. I had lost my voice by the end of it. Overall, the place seemed nice and the people there were friendly. I waited several weeks anxiously before receiving an email that they had extended the offer to someone else. I was dissapointed but thanked them for the experience.

Another two weeks later, I received a phone call from HR, asking to be considered for the position again. I agreed with enthusiasm. They then sent me an email saying they would like to offer me the position contingent upon a positive reference from my current employer. I had told them multiple times over the phone, in person, and through email that I did not want my employer contacted until they were fully prepared to offer me the position, because informing my employer I was leaving would jeapordize my job status. They said they understood and agreed and I gave them contact information for my current employer (whom they contacted the next day).

A week went by before I emailed HR asking about the status, they said they would let me know early next week. The next week came and went and I still heard nothing. I contacted them again about the status of the job, they again said next week. This went on many more weeks of waiting, then either emailing or calling to follow up. Eventually they called me saying they were retracting their offer.

This has been by far, the worst hiring process I have ever gone through. No one I know has ever heard of an employer doing this, even my family who has been in the business world many years. Unless you don't care about losing your job and waste months of your time (this process was 6 months total), I recommend staying as far away from this company as possible.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in some sort of conflict with a coworker? If so, how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY).

Interview

The job interview process was typical as any other pharmaceutical company. The process involved a phone interview and then an on-site interview for pretty much the entire day. The interviewers were very pretty friendly and the lab tour of the company definitely made the company a desirable job position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the HR interview where I was asked why I wanted to work for the company when I already had a similar job profile and why I was willing to move cities.   Answer Question

I accepted a job offer with another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Same as other reviews. Applied, had phone interview 2 weeks later, followed by on site interview a month after that. I had a poor experience. One of the major employees I was to meet with was busy so I never met with them. They didn't even bother to reschedule a phone call with me later. Felt like I wasted a day flying out there for the interview. The retirement benefits are lousy. They match 401k with company stock up to 3% to your 6%. Company is filled with mostly rejects from other failed companies with questionable scientific achievements. I felt I knew more than those I would work for. Waste of time to sign a confidentiality agreement because they wouldn't say anything about what they worked on. Offer was low, since I think they are used to making offers to the desperate and jobless. If you are desperate, go for it. Otherwise I would avoid.

Interview Questions

Low salary, high cost of living, bad retirement benefits, less than stellar employees,

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Regeneron Careers website. Within a few days, I was contacted by someone from human resources. I had a phone screen with them, and then they said that they would contact me if the hiring manager expressed any interest. I was then contacted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I had the phone interview with the hiring manager who said I would be contacted if they wanted to schedule an on-site interview. I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview prior to on site interview. On site, I was interviewed with 6 people from Sr. Director to hiring manager and HR. All of them are with PhD degree. Most questions from this group are scientific questions. There are some behavior questions as well. My interview went well. Unfortunately, the group changed direction and this position was cancelled.