Region of Durham Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Region of Durham Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.5

Project Lead/Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Region of Durham.

Interview

Very limited flexibility regarding interview dates and times. Received one choice of date, two timeslots.

Given a document to fill out which was a duplication of my work experience already provided in my resume.

In-person interview went well. Behavioural questions. I provided a portfolio of business analysis projects as an example of my work.

2 hour skills test followed the interview. A paper-based skills test of at least 10, long answer questions. A PC would have been appreciated. The paper-based assessment gave me the impression this employer is fairly backwards, technology-wise.

I was told a decision would be made and I would be contacted either way, within a week.
    Over two weeks later I received a call asking if I would be willing to fill out another assessment because during their original assessment they did not test for the skills they required (???). By this point, I had two other offers I was trying to hold off so I could receive the decision I was promised.

The additional assessment was a lengthy case study for which I drafted a set of project documents, sent them in, and was told I would need to present the documents on a 30 minute phone call. I was asked which of the two times provided would work best for me. Out of the two choices, I chose the noon slot, but stated the morning slot would also work. The email I received back told me I would receive the call during the morning slot. I let this go. I booked my day around the morning call slot confirmed back to me by HR. I did not receive the call during the confirmed time, but at noon instead, and had no choice but to present from my car pulled off to the side of the road. As a project manager interviewing for a project lead role, this was a red flag for me.

The presentation went ok to bad (not sure on this one as it was a mind-boggling experience). The people on the phone did not seem very confident in what information they were seeking from me over and above the documents they had requested. They requested an overview so I reviewed the work they had in front of them. I was told I would hear by the end of that week or early the next on their decision.

After this presentation, I checked in with a coworker who had previously worked at the Region of Durham in a management capacity. They characterized it was an ol' boys club and not a progressive work environment.

This was the point where I decided to accept one of the two other offers.

At two weeks from the presentation, I received an email stating I had not adequately represented project management skills. Surprising, as I obtained the PMP certification with highly proficient scores across the board, in June.

My advice? Just be careful they don't waste your time endlessly, and don't delay on other significant offers while they dither.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were unprepared for a situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Region of Durham (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

First being screened by phone interview
    Then Interviewed by reporting supervisor and manager
    Described my background, experience, expertise and expectations
    Behavioural type interview questions
    Explained by panel the job requirements and their expectations

The interview process was pleasant. Although it took over an hour, it did not talk about the job nature in very much details.

Economic Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a very intimidating process with 5 people surrounding me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Region of Durham (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Short written test, followed by panel interview

Stationary Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Region of Durham (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was not to hard, they had a testing process prior to the main interview. The hiring process is in 3 parts, and in each part you have to take tests (easy) in order to proceed on. The third part is the interview. The interview was done within half hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you displayed or took on a position of responsibility.   Answer Question