Regional Municipality of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regional Municipality of Waterloo Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

3.6

Administrative Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo.

Interview

Took computer testing. Called in for an interview. With the way the Hiring manager looked at me, I knew I was not getting the job. I'm obviously the wrong shade of grey!!

Health Environment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied and got an email after 2 weeks for an interview. I was provided with the names of the people in the interview panel. I was told it is going to be a behavioral questions and how you where able to approach the problem. I was asked to bring all relevant documents like transcript, degree and copies of resume.

Interview Questions

• Government regulations and standards based on the job description   Answer Question
    • Scenario based questions and how you tackled it   Answer Question

Social Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview is more like a test. They clearly have answers they are looking for and if you don't know the right things to say you don't get a good response. It starts with a quick review of your experience from your resume then there are a lot of fairly specific questions. It was a tough interview.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo in April 2014.

Interview

- Fill out online application
    - Computer testing - 20 general questions about the region, find answer on regions website and paste link
    - Interview with 2 people - the manager of the dept you are applying to and another employee with a higher ranking

Interview Questions

• All behavioural questions - use the STARS technique to answer questions   Answer Question

Internal Management Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo in January 2014.

Interview

Resumes Screened Electronically, Reviewed by at least 2 people, Interview process is two step (phone and then face-to-face). Takes time, usually six to ten weeks from posting closure to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why I was a suitable fit for the job   1 Answer

Engineering Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

All questions were behavioral based. Nothing technical or related to my field. All situations like "What is a situation in which you were in conflict with another team member?" Don't waste your time preparing for technical questions. I think they wanted people on board. The region is expanding quickly and there are a lot of opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Again, no technical! The worst questions was a one liner question that I had no answer too that made it look like I didn't do my research. how many municipalities and townships are in the region? KitThe region has several values that it strives for; what are they?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are pretty clear about their salary ranges. If you are offered a salary that you think does not properly reflect your experience then I think you could raise it in a very polite but straightforward manner. Second, the region seems to be very understanding of work/life balance. If you come in upfront with a proposal for extra time off or family time that sort of request would likely be well received!