Regional Municipality of Waterloo Interview Questions in Kitchener, ON | Glassdoor

Regional Municipality of Waterloo Interview Questions in Kitchener, ON

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.7

Health Environment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied and got an email after 2 weeks for an interview. I was provided with the names of the people in the interview panel. I was told it is going to be a behavioral questions and how you where able to approach the problem. I was asked to bring all relevant documents like transcript, degree and copies of resume.

Interview Questions

• Government regulations and standards based on the job description   Answer Question
    • Scenario based questions and how you tackled it   Answer Question

Social Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview is more like a test. They clearly have answers they are looking for and if you don't know the right things to say you don't get a good response. It starts with a quick review of your experience from your resume then there are a lot of fairly specific questions. It was a tough interview.

Engineering Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

All questions were behavioral based. Nothing technical or related to my field. All situations like "What is a situation in which you were in conflict with another team member?" Don't waste your time preparing for technical questions. I think they wanted people on board. The region is expanding quickly and there are a lot of opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Again, no technical! The worst questions was a one liner question that I had no answer too that made it look like I didn't do my research. how many municipalities and townships are in the region? KitThe region has several values that it strives for; what are they?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are pretty clear about their salary ranges. If you are offered a salary that you think does not properly reflect your experience then I think you could raise it in a very polite but straightforward manner. Second, the region seems to be very understanding of work/life balance. If you come in upfront with a proposal for extra time off or family time that sort of request would likely be well received!