Regions Financial Financial Services Specialist III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regions Financial Financial Services Specialist III Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regions Financial (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied online. Received an email to take the test. I got a call withing 3 days to set up and interview. After interviewing with HR, I interviewed with branch manager. Then I put in 2 weeks notice and started working.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Regions Financial

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regions Financial (Nashville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter in downtown office first. Basic behavioral questions. Interviewed with two different branch managers after that, and received an offer. The process was longer than other banks because they do the background check first and then make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated vacation weeks, as I have been in banking almost 10 years. They agreed.

Financial Services Specialist III Interview

Interview

Quick turnaround from application to interview. I had previous experience with the bank and was relatively overqualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview personality questions. I had previous knowledge of the company due to my earlier association.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on my experience and education, I was able to negotiate for the highest salary in the given pay-grade.

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Regions Financial (Destin, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

This all started back in the middle of September 2012 (17th to be on point) and I sent my application off. 3 days later that Thursday on the 20th I received a email with congrats on move forward and asking me to provide more information so the hiring process can go on (SSN#, more education info ect, for background check when the time comes.) This was exciting and applied to many branches in the Florida area due to the fact I was living in Colorado and moving back to Florida in a month! After I sent off the information they ask for, that following Tuesday after the weekend on the 25th I received a call form the Branch Mrg and we went talk for 20 min about when I was moving to the area, my experience and about me. She then asked if I could do a interview with the CMM (City Market Marg) in 3 days and of course I said YES! This was to be a phone interview because I was still located in Colorado.

That same week Friday she called again and asked when I was coming to Florida and durning the middle of the week I had decided to come to Florida sooner so I told her I could see him next week in person on Oct 3rd instead of a ph interview. It was set! Once I got to Florida (which was the most annoying and longest drive I ever had,) I got settled and went to the interview with the CMM.
    It was amazing, he ask question about me 1st, then my experience, in which he told me he worked for a past bank I worked for, and we went over the basic STAR question. What made this a shoe in for me was that at the end of the interview he play a joke on me and said "I think you know me wife :/ .." I was like "hu!" then he told me her name and it hit me lol! I went to high school with her and to this day I'm still good friends with her! He said he had already talk to her about me and told me he had already made his mind up on hiring me lol, which he did say at the end of the interview, " your def hired in my book."

On Oct 4th (Thursday) I drove to the city and branch where I was going to be working at to meet and do a face to face with the hiring Mrg this time instead of the ph. She wanted to see me face to face since I was in Florida. (By the way the CMM told me after the interview that the hiring MGR already wanted me but she wanted to meet me first.) She basiclly went through the same questions and told me that I will here from her with her decision next Friday. I actually got a call form HR THE VERY NEXT DAY LOL! BUT here is when things got alittle tricky.

I took my drug test and they already had my info for my BK, but there was a concern on my BK. Apparently my Doc's for my MBA I received did come back with everything eles. This was annoying and from Oct 5th to Oct 24th it was like pulling teeth to get my school to release my Doc's! So I took it apond myself since I was heading back to the state where I received my MBA to get some things and went to the University and got it myself and took it back to Florida and personally gave it to HR LOL! Once I did that, I got my offer letter the same day and my 1st day is this Monday on the 29th of Oct.!

My advice is to have EVERYTHING on Q! If you don't know about the company, do the research! Make sure your def ready for problem solving questions and situation questions dealing with sales, customers, and customer related issues. Know how much you want to make and stick to you guns and be ready to "neg"! If you nail the interviews then you will be able to stand you ground when it come to talking about you salary. Also my interview went so well that I got a position 2 levels higher than I applied for. I applied for the FSS I, and got the FSS III. To do that I encourage you to know about the banking industry. GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Interview Questions

• The difficult part of all of this was trying to get the information for my BK. May advice, is to have you high, college,or what ever certificate you have one hand. Some some school are really getting strict on these thing for some reason. GET IT YOURS IF YOU CAN, so you can already have it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My interview was very good with both managers and I set a price. We conter offered twice actually and came back to were it was almost to the max. Great and professional proess!