Regis Corporation Hair Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

1.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very to the point. The salon manger was very open about her goals and expectations for the salon. First there is a sit down interview then a hands on interview. Pay, hours, and terms talked about if hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Regis Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Stow, OH).

Interview

Submitted resume and did a demo. I was told by my old Cos instructor to apply. I wasn't really looking to do hair so my resume was actually all about skin and nail care (which Regis does neither). I was surprised I was called for an interview, but they basically call everyone. I did my demo and thought I did pretty bad because I went in with no prior experience, but was told it was one of the best she had seen. The demo is usually one long layered haircut and one fade (clippers to scissors). You are responsible to bring in your models, and your training is basically you bringing in your friends and family for two weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience? What was your availability? Very basic questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a verbal face to face so the store manager can get to know you and figure out if your personality mixes well in their store and the would also want to know how you learn best,the second interview was a demo
    So the manager can see your skills they normally ask you to do a layered cut, a men's fade and a color/highlight and a style

Interview Questions

• Why skills do you specialize in and what areas do you struggle with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Seneca, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

You go in and do a mens haircut, women's haircut, and a chemical service of the clients choice. Then you sit down and interview with the salon manager or the district leader. They ask things about your schooling and what kind of goals you have for your career. They look for outgoing and driven individuals who are motivated to do good work by following and recording goals daily.

Interview Questions

• What are your current career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview went pretty quickly. I came in and she asked what experience I had and what I was looking for in a job. She seemed kind of desperate for a new stylist, but found out later that they were very understaffed. She gave me hours that day for when I started, and came in a few days later to do a model.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

You will need to talk to the manager. Also go online to their website and apply for the job. Then go into the salon and drop your resume to a managers. The manager will schedule an appointment with you then you do a formal interview then a practical interview, which you have to do a color service( usually a partial foil) and a cut.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The manager will tell you how much you will get paid and after 6 months if your sales are above 26 dollar per hour then you will get commission, starting with 40%

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Pitts, PA).

Interview

The interview process was extremely laid back and easy. Basic questions, like why do you want to work here, how long have you been doing hair, are you comfortable with color, can you sell products.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. It was my first hair styling position, so I guess my most difficult was explaining how my experience in beauty school would be sufficient for a full service salon.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. Beginning stylists make a certain amount and that goes up when they get a certain amount of clients.

Anonymous Employee in La Porte, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (La Porte, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Took less than 45 minutes for the oral interview. The technical interview took about an hour for me to cut two men's haircuts as I had to wait for customers to come in.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel your strengths are when it comes to cutting hair?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Came in and did a trail. I had to do a hair cut and a high light on a client. I also had to to a men's cut and shampoo

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Princeton, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

I had the best in shop manager, she was always understanding, friendly, and helped to achieve goals to improve your skills. The interview was more of a lets see what you can do kinda deal; i brought in a model did a cut and was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• It could be frightening to do a model for a possible employer but not out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one; you start off at 40% and work your way up to 50% and paid vacation using a points system based off of growth of profits, product sales, combination sales (service and product), returning customers, and pre-booking.