Registrar Regulatory Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Registrar Regulatory Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Registrar

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

After putting in my online application, I was contacted by HR to send my writing samples along with my college transcripts. After completing that, I was asked to come in for an interview. My interview process began with a in office interview with HR which was a get to know you type interview discussing my likes and dislikes, along with discussion of my resume. We discussed work day lifestyle in the department that I would be working in. After leaving the interview I was informed that I would meet with the manager via a video interview. The video interview was very informative on the day to day tasks in the department and how very different it was from my current job. We discussed working hours and flexibility which was expected. After a few weeks, I met with the director of the department and one of the Vice Presidents this was to familiarize myself with their duties and responsibilities in the company. After the meeting with them, I was asked for my references and was sent an offer the week after!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Registrar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out online app, received 2 emails because they were really interested in me. 1st Person was from HR basic questions asked. 2nd person - very young, asked questions but was annoyed when I asked about training. 3rd person - manager, question my religions heritage and preferences based on my last name.

Interview Questions

• I see your last name is Jewish???   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two days after my application was submitted on Indeed, I received an email from the HR representative from the company stating: they were interested in an interview but before an interview was scheduled, I was required to send the company a copy of my college transcripts and a sample of college level writing. Soon after I replied to the email, I received a brief phone call from the representative with the time of the interview. I was sent a confirmation email the names of the two people I would be interviewing with that day. The interview was broken into three parts among four employees: the background review with the HR representative and the supervisor of the department; the technical questions with an actual employee and the team leader (whose names were not mentioned in the interview information email) so the employees can determine if you would be a good fit for their team; and additional questions and debrief with the HR representative (it was at this point that I was told that the company discourages hiring people considering graduate school or treating them as a stepping stone in an employee's career). I was informed that an unanimous approval from all interviewers was necessary for an offer to be given.
    All thank you notes were to be sent to the HR representative (the other employees refused to give contact information and referred me to the HR representative). A rejection email was sent via email a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were criticized by your supervisor during a project: what was it and how did you use their criticism to improve to complete the project?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself in as few sentences as possible.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that communication broke down at your workplace and you had to take action. What was it and how did you rise to the occasion?   Answer Question
    • Are you considering graduate school? If so, what programs and when? Would you work full or part time in grad school?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever peer-reviewed papers? If so, when and what subject areas?   Answer Question
    • How open are you to accepting criticism? A lot of what this job entails is to undergo constructive criticism in a tight time frame.   Answer Question
    • Name times and classes that you wrote extensive papers? How frequent was that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming and broken up into three separate interviews. I was interviewed first by the hiring manager, then by two future co workers, and finally by the manager of the branch that I applied to. This is purely a research job, with little social interaction.