Regus General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regus General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Regus.

Interview

I applied for the position and they contacted me for the interview. Met at one of their Regus locations even though the position was at another Regus location. The interviewer was in Los Angeles and it was a video conference. I felt very comfortable answering the questions. The interviewer did ask what my previous boss would say about me? He apparently knew him.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? How did you handle sales?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regus

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Regus in November 2015.

Interview

Shortly after applying I was contacted to set up an in person interview locally at one of the Regus centers. I arrived early, and was offered a bottle of water while I waited. The interview with the district manager was around 45 minutes long, then I had about 15 minutes to spend with a current associate as well (which I thought was a tremendous idea). About a week later I was invited to take an online assessment that had the general personality questions along with some challenging language and advanced math sections. That assessment took just over an hour. Following that I was invited to a phone interview with a Regional Vice President that lasted about 1/2 hour. Finally I was invited to shadow a current GM in the business for a few hours to answer any final questions.

Interview Questions

• Compared to the other 7 candidates I am interviewing for this position, what skill set do you sets you apart and makes you the best choice for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regus (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

First I had two, short phone interviews. They were upfront about the salary and wanted to make sure it was within my range. Then I shadowed general managers. This was a great process to go through to really understand what the job involved. Very fair and open process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about how I would adapt to working in such a large organization.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regus.

Interview

Interview was as expected for the position. Meet either in face or via video conference with who would potentially be your supervising manager/director, at least a 2 stage interview, which is how professional businesses typically interview...must get a yes for the position from more than 1 person.

Interview Questions

• You should always be prepared to give examples of your credentials. Just remember, the person interviewing you should already have your resume either in front of them or they have already reviewed it. Worst thing you can do is to repeat your credentials and accolades that they have written before them already. Do you suspect yourself to be a leader? Great, prove it, give me an example of a time(s) you were an inspiration to your staff. Think you are a team player? Tell me about a time...; Have you dealt with employee/customer/client confrontation before? Great, how did you manage/defuse the situation?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Regus.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 Area Directors. They went over a few scenarios and asked questions regarding marketing and sales. Some questions on leaderships skills, team management, client relations and center operations.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to take on the role as a GM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regus (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very extensive and thorough. An awesome learning experience! I have never experienced an interview process like this. However, it was definitely worth it. Regus is very professional and very corporate.

Interview Questions

• How are your organizational skills?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was quick and easy. I understand that Regus as an employer, will offer the value of what they feel is right. I agree and we were able to come to an agreement.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regus (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The first interviewer was quick and proficient. The 2nd interviewer was asking sales questions and expected quick responses. The 3rd interview was over video conference from corporate, and He was exact and particular, which made it an efficient for all parties involved. There was a background check, and then an offer letter was sent.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell to a potential client? How would you steer a potential client away from the cost and focus on the services, products, etc.? How did you handle a situation where a potential sale was going array, and you had to try to save it? What was your best selling situation? What was your worse selling situation? Tell me a time where you had to correct an employee under you who was not following company policy.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Regus.

Interview

mind boggling outcome. I went through 4 interviews and was verbally offered the job over the phone, was told I would receive an offer letter shortly. A week goes by and they call me and say I actually have one more interview. Interview once again, and it "isn't a good fit."

Interview Questions

• How would I inspire someone on my team who may not be producing sales as well as they should?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted my application online after seeing the opening on craiglist. Within 48 hours I was contacted by the Area Director. After a brief phone conversation, we agreed to have an in-person interview the following week. The interview took place at their office. Two area directors conducted the interview. Both were personable and professional. The interview went well with both saying I was a top candidate. They said the next steps would be an in-depth online test followed by a skype interview with the Regional Director. I took the online test the next day and received the results immediately. The results indicated that I did very well and fit the profile of what they described as their ideal candidate. That was three weeks ago. I have yet to hear from the Regional Director regarding an interview; nor have I received any response to the follow up email sent to the area director. If an offer was to be made, I doubt that I would give it much consideration.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. The interview was straightforward and without high pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regus (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Initial phone contact/short interview. Then met with one current GM for face-to-face interview. Scheduled and had 2nd interview with another current GM. Was SUPPOSED to have face-to-face interview with Regional Manager - never happened. Ended up having phone interview.
    All the way through the process, I was provided VERY positive feedback as to my qualifications and responses to interview questions. Encouraged to contact GM's with questions while waiting, encouraged to 'stay in touch'. When I did, no replies - ever.
    NO FOLLOW UP after that - even when "promised" that I would be contacted either way. Contacted GM and RM and no replies.
    For a company that portrays an image of 'higher' class and integrity, I find it unconscionable that there would be no follow up on a position that they seem to regard as highly important and valued.
    I also feel that it is unnecessary and insulting to basically mislead candidates as to their chances of moving forward to a job offer - and even MORE insulting to not follow up.

Interview Questions

• None - very typical "tell me about a time when..." questions. Situational and behavioral questions.   Answer Question