Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Went through series of interviews with the team and HR. The day was hosted very well. The questions asked were a mix of technical and non-technical. The questions were not too difficult. A good experience over all.

Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

Phone screen with manager followed by invite to interview. Formal interview 3 weeks later with a panel. 3 interviews, in groups of one and two. Presentation at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to tell your boss difficult news.   Answer Question
    • How important is small talk   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a coworker who you felt was walking all over you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted towards the higher end of pay range

Global Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO).

Interview

Applied through College career site and started with a phone interview and an in person interview a month later. The interviewers didn't seem at all interested or prepared to interview. The were not personable at all, and almost seemed like they were forced to do it when they didn't want to. They asked 3 questions which they rushed through and then asked me if I had any questions. After which they cut me off before I was done. No technical questions, strictly behavioral. I was invited to interview on campus, however, I am inclined to decline the interview after such a bad experience to focus on better offers.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a round table interview. I was interview by more than 10 people. This whole process started from 1245pm to 355pm. The people there are very nice and it is a very lovely interview I had.

Interview Questions

• If you are ask to sort spices for a bind man, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Complete confusion. Major miscommunication between HR and interviweer. Interview started 25 minutes.

I was promised to hear back from them within couple of days. But no feedback for weeks even with multiple emails and voice mails. Please have the courtesy to get back to candidates even with a form email instead of complete silence. This is not how you would want to be treated.

Interview Questions

• - One accomplishment you are most proud of?
      - How will you apply your experience to our unique business model?
      Answer Question

EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screening, then 3-hour in-person interview with VP down to event coordinators. Very buttoned up and professional process. Appears to be an exceptionally traditional company; the VP described one colleague as "fun and quirky," but in the interview the quirkiest thing I saw in the individual was a fun butterfly necklace. It's a new role so the responsibilities are still being outlined as they're all theoretical. Discrepancy on the travel; recruiter maintained it was 25%-50% but VP said it was more like MAYBE 25%. Had to follow-up with the recruiter for updates and never received a final no, but they are stretched thin these days it seems, so politely probe for answers. The interviews for this positioned went well over a month and a decision was scheduled for end of August.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Submit my resume on campus and email the resume to the HR as well. Then I receive the interview invitation the other day and schedule a phone interview in the end. She was really nice but the questions are boring actually. Just go through the resume and ask some relative questions.

Senior Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with two senior leaders in the risk and controls group. The recruiter came to get me for the interview 15 minutes late after sitting in the lobby for over 20 minutes. Upon arriving to the conference room the manager barely shook my hand. He asked if everything was OK as I was 15 minutes late for the interview. By then the recruiter left pretty quickly after getting to the room. I tried to explain I'd been there promptly 5 minutes before our scheduled time and the recruiter only just now came to get me. He refused to listen and cut me off. The interview went about as well as you can imagine from that point on. The interview was scheduled for an hour, even with starting 15 minutes late they kept me an additional 45 minutes. Not sure why since they only responded to my answers by laughing and trying to reword my answers. Incredibly horrendous interviewers which at least allowed me a quick decision that I'd never want to work for that manager.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

I had a series of five half hour interviews. They all seemed genuinely interested in what they were doing and they seemed to go quite well. Each group consisted of one or two individuals, from varying actuarial departments of the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if everyone in the office was gone, (they are on vacation or something), and you had finished all your work, but still had scheduled hours left?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

Campus onsite interview with two parts: one is interviewed by the HR with some behavior questions and your future plan about actuarial career path; another is interviewed an actuary with basic information about previous experience and the skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about reinsurance?
      Please describe yourself with three words.
      Answer Question