Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in December 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with at least 5 different people on 4 different occasions. At one point I was called back for a 4th interview where I was asked to come into the office yet again. This particular interview was with individuals I had previously interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a group of individuals that were difficult to gauge and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

I declined the offer because during the time they were trying to make a decision to an extend an offer I was promoted at my current employer and believed that it would be best to stay where I was.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Went through series of interviews with the team and HR. The day was hosted very well. The questions asked were a mix of technical and non-technical. The questions were not too difficult. A good experience over all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Job specifications were a bit out of line with the in-interview role responsibilities but nothing out of the ordinary. Interview questions were very unique from typical IT interviews, heavy emphasis on Risk Management.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

A phone interview, then 3 interviews with 2-4 people each, then observation of a lesson "taught". This was then followed by a question/answer session with the panel of 7 people observing the lesson.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if people told me I was wasting their time with my instruction?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a round table interview. I was interview by more than 10 people. This whole process started from 1245pm to 355pm. The people there are very nice and it is a very lovely interview I had.

Interview Questions

• If you are ask to sort spices for a bind man, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Complete confusion. Major miscommunication between HR and interviweer. Interview started 25 minutes.

I was promised to hear back from them within couple of days. But no feedback for weeks even with multiple emails and voice mails. Please have the courtesy to get back to candidates even with a form email instead of complete silence. This is not how you would want to be treated.

Interview Questions

• - One accomplishment you are most proud of?
      - How will you apply your experience to our unique business model?
      Answer Question

Contract Business Admistration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round interview: interview with HR, simple self introduction
    2nd round: a written test with excel and maths aptitude
    3rd round: an interview with the manager and a senior staff

EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screening, then 3-hour in-person interview with VP down to event coordinators. Very buttoned up and professional process. Appears to be an exceptionally traditional company; the VP described one colleague as "fun and quirky," but in the interview the quirkiest thing I saw in the individual was a fun butterfly necklace. It's a new role so the responsibilities are still being outlined as they're all theoretical. Discrepancy on the travel; recruiter maintained it was 25%-50% but VP said it was more like MAYBE 25%. Had to follow-up with the recruiter for updates and never received a final no, but they are stretched thin these days it seems, so politely probe for answers. The interviews for this positioned went well over a month and a decision was scheduled for end of August.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Submit my resume on campus and email the resume to the HR as well. Then I receive the interview invitation the other day and schedule a phone interview in the end. She was really nice but the questions are boring actually. Just go through the resume and ask some relative questions.

Senior Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with two senior leaders in the risk and controls group. The recruiter came to get me for the interview 15 minutes late after sitting in the lobby for over 20 minutes. Upon arriving to the conference room the manager barely shook my hand. He asked if everything was OK as I was 15 minutes late for the interview. By then the recruiter left pretty quickly after getting to the room. I tried to explain I'd been there promptly 5 minutes before our scheduled time and the recruiter only just now came to get me. He refused to listen and cut me off. The interview went about as well as you can imagine from that point on. The interview was scheduled for an hour, even with starting 15 minutes late they kept me an additional 45 minutes. Not sure why since they only responded to my answers by laughing and trying to reword my answers. Incredibly horrendous interviewers which at least allowed me a quick decision that I'd never want to work for that manager.