Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when the project you are working on changes its direction completely   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Pre-Screen

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with stress   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Interview

First phone interview with HR. 30 minutes. General behavior questions. Then I was invited to the "actuarial blitz day", the on-site interview. Three interviews with 3 actuaries from different departments. 30 minutes for each.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions. Nothing unexpected. Why do you want to be an actuary? What do you know about RGA?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is phone interview and second is onsite. Totally 10 candidates were chosen for the second round and the HR and other stuffs really welcome the candidates when we were visiting. Free lunch at their cafe and the vice president and senior manager gave us introduction about RGA. The after showing us around the company,each candidate was assigned a room for two interviews. The first was with the supervisor, and the second was with your direct co-worker. Their summer internship is fulltime and the paid is good. Get started early!

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years? What's is your long-term goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask your reasonable salary with reasons, like the degree-related,or experience etc.

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Fairly straightforward and easy. Little to no technical questions were asked. Concerns were primarily if I understood I would be working in a sweatshop and if I was ok with that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I made a lateral move salary- wise. I did not attempt to negotiate- the salary and benefits were fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a position in their Global R&D department for an intern position during the school year. I was contacted by email then set up the interview two weeks later by phone the the HR rep. The interview consisted of four rounds of employees interviewing me and basically getting to know me well. I did not get the offer, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to pursue a career in actuarial science?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. First of all, there was a observation test where they gave you names and amounts, and if the amount was in a certain range you had to note it with a A, a higher amount B etc. Then I had to do a personality test on their computer, it was very basic.

Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Pthere nwas a phone interview with a human resources worker to start off the process in April, and then after that I was invited to the office for a face to face interview with my now boss and her boss. The interview lasted about an hour, although it was scheduled for two. Other interns such as the actuarial ones had to go to a whole day of mini interviews in the Fall.

Interview Questions

• What type of experiance do I have with investment topics?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

First interview had two parts: a 45 min test of 4 questions on some calculations, excel and sql, then an interview with the manager of about 30 min. The second interview was with HR mainly about some visa arrangements. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduce. Why choose reinsurance? Some thing about past experience. Any experience handling conflict?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had to pass 2 interviews, one with the HR and the other one with the managers of the actuarial department. Very interesting and kind people. The interview was really rewarding and people working there seem pretty cool and easy going. You can also participate in a special program which allow you to work in other foreign offices for a couple of months.