Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montréal-Ouest, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Montréal-Ouest, QC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the RGA website and was contacted a few days later over the phone. An interview was scheduled at the local RGA office. The interview consisted of a 30 minute observation and language section followed by a one hour interview with other business partners.

Interview Questions

• Was tested on my knowledge of french and excel as well as my previous knowledge of the life insurance industry.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

A phone interview, then 3 interviews with 2-4 people each, then observation of a lesson "taught". This was then followed by a question/answer session with the panel of 7 people observing the lesson.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if people told me I was wasting their time with my instruction?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Went through series of interviews with the team and HR. The day was hosted very well. The questions asked were a mix of technical and non-technical. The questions were not too difficult. A good experience over all.

Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

Phone screen with manager followed by invite to interview. Formal interview 3 weeks later with a panel. 3 interviews, in groups of one and two. Presentation at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to tell your boss difficult news.   Answer Question
    • How important is small talk   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a coworker who you felt was walking all over you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted towards the higher end of pay range

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a round table interview. I was interview by more than 10 people. This whole process started from 1245pm to 355pm. The people there are very nice and it is a very lovely interview I had.

Interview Questions

• If you are ask to sort spices for a bind man, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Complete confusion. Major miscommunication between HR and interviweer. Interview started 25 minutes.

I was promised to hear back from them within couple of days. But no feedback for weeks even with multiple emails and voice mails. Please have the courtesy to get back to candidates even with a form email instead of complete silence. This is not how you would want to be treated.

Interview Questions

• - One accomplishment you are most proud of?
      - How will you apply your experience to our unique business model?
      Answer Question

Global Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO).

Interview

Applied through College career site and started with a phone interview and an in person interview a month later. The interviewers didn't seem at all interested or prepared to interview. The were not personable at all, and almost seemed like they were forced to do it when they didn't want to. They asked 3 questions which they rushed through and then asked me if I had any questions. After which they cut me off before I was done. No technical questions, strictly behavioral. I was invited to interview on campus, however, I am inclined to decline the interview after such a bad experience to focus on better offers.

Contract Business Admistration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round interview: interview with HR, simple self introduction
    2nd round: a written test with excel and maths aptitude
    3rd round: an interview with the manager and a senior staff

EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screening, then 3-hour in-person interview with VP down to event coordinators. Very buttoned up and professional process. Appears to be an exceptionally traditional company; the VP described one colleague as "fun and quirky," but in the interview the quirkiest thing I saw in the individual was a fun butterfly necklace. It's a new role so the responsibilities are still being outlined as they're all theoretical. Discrepancy on the travel; recruiter maintained it was 25%-50% but VP said it was more like MAYBE 25%. Had to follow-up with the recruiter for updates and never received a final no, but they are stretched thin these days it seems, so politely probe for answers. The interviews for this positioned went well over a month and a decision was scheduled for end of August.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Submit my resume on campus and email the resume to the HR as well. Then I receive the interview invitation the other day and schedule a phone interview in the end. She was really nice but the questions are boring actually. Just go through the resume and ask some relative questions.