Reliable Carriers Safety Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reliable Carriers

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reliable Carriers (Canton, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

I was introduced to Reliable Carriers by a recruiting firm that specializes in executive placement in the transportation industry. After reviewing my resume, the owner of Reliable Carrier arranged my first interview. It went very well. They had a clear vision of their expectations of the person they would hire, and they communicated it well. They asked me back for a second interview, which also went well. I brought an outline of what I felt needed to be done by the person taking this job, based on publicly available safety data. They sent me an offer letter outlining their compensation package. While it was a good starting point, the salary negotiation did not produce a successful compromise.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any question they asked was difficult or unexpected. I spent several days researching the company and doing mock-interviewing with my wife, so I went in well-prepared. They did not ask anything challenging or tricky.   Answer Question

It is a good company, and we agreed on the changes needed to bring about their vision for the company's future. However, it would be a big challenge to make those changes, and it would be a very long commute for me. My lowest acceptable salary and their highest offer didn't quite match.