Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2017

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries in September 2017.

Interview

It is the campus recruitment process. Firstly they take online test which consists of two sections, first section contain questions related to basic programming, Oops, DBMS, OS etc (skipping of question is not applicable in this section and also no negative marking). Second section contain questions related to aptitude, reasoning and verbal.

Interview Questions

• Technical:-Mainly asked questions according to resume.
    1)Elaborate your projects(mainly final year project).
    2)What is OOPS, Identifier, Polymorphism etc
    3)For non-CS candidate like ECE, They asked questions from core subjects.(prepare for at least two core paper)

Technical+HR:-
    1)Introduce yourself.
    2)Questions related to projects.
    3)Why we hire you.
    4)strengths, weaknesses and hobbies.
    5)Lastly, any question from us(please prepare for asking question from HR).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reliance Industries

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reliance Industries in July 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview.Basic questions were asked whatever you studied in the past years of graduation.Mostly about software development. It was a telephonic interview. Overall easy it was if your basics are clear.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

Apti with technical questions time issue but easy to crack if I are prepared.smooth going process all it will take 1hr , be prepared great upcoming company.go for it have great future for It and comps.

Interview Questions

• Raid level, networking,java, testing,etc.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Varanasi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Didnt qualify for interview..Take all the focus upon Aptitude Skills..Have a good CGPA in all the semesters ..Core knowledge is not that important if you are going for Campus Interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked One of my friends about Chemical Hazards...Prepare well to tell them about your accomplishments..   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Kolkata (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for Reliance Industries Limited on 24th November, 2016 through campus placements. The process took 2 days.
    ( Some 6-7 Interviews were left at the end of Day1, so the process was extended to the second day)

First Round:- Resume Shortlist.
    A GPA above 7.5 is needed. However, in some colleges above 7 GPA is also allowed to sit for the process.

Second Round: - Online Test.
    This consisted of two parts:- a) General Aptitude & b) Mechanical Engineering.
            a) General Aptitude comprised of simple questions on QA ( 12-15), Verbal ( 5-7) and Analytical Thinking ( 8-10), total of 30 questions, to be solved in 30 minutes.
    They have a strict guard during this round, so try your level best not to cheat, rather, not to get caught.
    Questions were simple, but time is the main factor, and practice is the key.
    Practice Aptitude questions and you can easily score 30/30.
           b) Mechanical Engineering comprised of 50 questions to be solved in 30 mins. It almost covered all the topics, but Material Science questions were maximum in number, specially - The property changes in iron/steel due to addition of Chromium, Vanadium, etc..
    Expect that, questions from all the subjects were equal in number. Numericals were less in number, most of them were theoretical questions..

PS: If you can be the topper in Online Test, you have 90% chance to get an offer.

Third Round:- Personal Interview.
     a) Project (Each and everything, specially materials used, and why they are used)
     b) Any one or two(preferred) subjects.
     c) For HR questions, be prepared with your motive to join Reliance.
    If you were a topper in the online test, PI would be a bit easier.

Then, offers!

Interview Questions

• 1. Project-Related questions.
      2. What is your secondary interest, other than power plants? (I told IC engines)
      3. Otto and Diesel Cycles.
      4. Effect of same compression ratio in both cycles.
      5. Why do u want to join Reliance?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

I got selected through Campus placement. The process included a written test with equal weight to Aptitude and Technical skill. Some easy questions to test basic English knowledge were also given. Overall, the test was very easy and if you top the test, you have very high chances of getting selected. The interview had only one round and Technical and HR sections were conducted together.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to Electrical Machines. The questions are mostly concept oriented focusing mainly on induction machines and transformer. The interviewer was also keen about Bachelor's project and its practical relevance. Some questions were asked based on my internships and extra curricular activities.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

They basically check the technical knowledge about your particular domain. Since my being chemical engineering, they generally prefer asking on heat transfer, fuel engineering, knowledge on industrial engineering particularly related to petrochemicals. Interview is not stressful as one think of but you must be good in your technical skills. They do consider your extracurricular activities. Be confident and be relaxed while interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about hydrogenation and dehydrogenation processes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasnot anything in particular to negotiate.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

came for campus placements,first a general aptitude test and technical test was conducted. this was followed by an hr plus technical interview.they first asked me to introduce myself and then asked some technical ques about distillation column,they asked about internship during third year

Interview Questions

• would you like to go for higher studies like MBA   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

There was an aptitude test followed by a direct interview. The aptitude test was mostly logical questions that are available in any standard text book like R. S. Aggarwal. There were 30 questions and 30 min. Interview comprised of both technical and HR questions. Only one person was there in the panel.

Interview Questions

• Q: Introduce yourself
      Q: Explain your major project
      Q: Explain your technical skills
      Q:   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Chandigarh (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

The first round consisted of two objective type papers. The first paper was of aptitude and second one was a technical test based on chemical engineering. Time given for each paper was 30 mintues.

Students were selected for the interview round based on scores in the written paper with more weightage given to aptitude exam.

Before the interview each candidate had to fill a form which consisted of questions like short & long term goals, strengths & weaknesses etc.