Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Reliance Industries

2.9

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries in December 2011.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a written test which had both technical + aptitude questions. The shortlisted candidates had a one on one interview. The question revolved around my technical area of interest and in the end basic HR questions were asked. The questions were pretty simple and concept based. The interviewer wasn't much interested in my extra-curricular activities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reliance Industries

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Varanasi (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

I am from metallurgical engineering and I was selected for corrosion department. Hiring process was started with a written test in which 30 aptitude and 50 technical questions were asked. Selected candidates went through two round interview, Technical and HR. In first round interview firstly interviewer asked me about myself. After introduction he asked about my summer internship and some questions from metallurgy field. I gave all answers correctly. Second round was just a formality, he asked about my family background and gave me offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They were checking communication skill and technical knowledge of candidate.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Surat (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

The process is lengthy and tough. Questions from almost all course areas are asked in the interview but more stress is on refining, mass transfer and heat transfer. Thermodynamics also needs to be taken in consideration.

Interview Questions

• Difficult questions will be based on training. If you have an internship in some chemical plant than you should know the complete process and the parameters which govern the process.
      For eg. What type of catalyst is used in manufacture of PVC?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

It was mostly campus placement. They come to your colleges( IIT, NIT, Thapar, SPIT etc.) and take 2 tests, one was aptitude and the other, technical. Aptitude tests are pretty easy to crack but technical is slightly difficult if u do not belong to chemical, Instrumentation, Electrical or Mechanical department. After that they shortlist students based on aggregate of both aptitude and technical test. This is followed by an interview which is fairly simple (they only ask a couple of technical Q's). After that hopefully u will be posted

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring initially consisted of an aptitude test involving basic maths and English skills (HSC level). Round 2 was a technical test based on Reliance's own operations i.e petroleum refining, processing etc. It was quite difficult. Based on these two tests candidates were shortlisted. 9 out of 26 went to the final interview where the criterion was minimum 60% in engineering. Interview questions tested technical skills of the candidate. Topics included pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, thermodynamics and practical engineering applications like how does an air conditioner work etc. There was a panel of 4 people of which 3 were technical 1 HR. The technical guys were intelligent guys but pretty chilled out. They didnt pressurize the candidate too much. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Joule Thompson effect ?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dahej (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Dahej (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

The recruitment drive was arranged by the college.

Candidates were shortlisted for interviews on the basis of a written test consisting of about 80 MCQs from the relevant field of engineering (chemical/electrical/mechanical) and general aptitude. Shortlisted candidates were made to fill out a form issuead by the company which was almost like a second resume.

The interview was almost entirely technical, with questions mostly from hydraulic machines and metallurgy (for mechanical engineers). You may be asked (in considerable detail) about your summer internships, or they may even skip it entirely.

Advice:
    · If you want to get hired, DO NOT mention that you ever want to go in for higher studies.
    · They are NOT bothered with your extra-curricular activities or achievements at all. Whether you have any or not makes no difference.
    · They are not much bothered about any special skills you have either (design/analysis software).

Interview Questions

• Why would you use centrifugal pumps in series? (This was as high as the level of questions went)   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazira (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Hazira (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

I have given my first interview of career for Reliance Industries Limited. We need to clear Technical and Aptitude written test to reach the third stage of the selection process. Glimpse of my Technical and HR interview are as under:

Technical Interview:

I entered the room and sir asked me to sit in the chair right in front of table. He asked me introduce myself. I told him my name and from which place I belonged. Meanwhile he was busy looking at my CV. He saw my profile and started interrogating about my family background. But the moment he saw that I have taken training for CCNA as well as NCC, he told me that he is going to select me. The real battle begins from there. I was still not convinced about my selection as I thought that how can he select me without taking my interview. And so I thought that “I can’t trust him.. Come on, what if I didn’t answer properly and he rejects me..”
    Then he started asking me questions on CCNA course.
    He asked very basic questions which one can answer easily and I thought that things are working and I was confident from then. The last question I still remember where he tried to trap me asking,” Can I use Layer 3 switch in place of Router?” This was simple but the answer depends on so many factors mainly the type of network required to be constructed. I knew that it can be done but not always. I preferred to go with general answer,” Yes sir, one can use Layer 3 switch in place of router”. He asked me again if I wanted to correct myself but I was stuck to my answer and he was convinced.
    Then he turned the questions to the academic section. He told me to tell the question that he should ask me. I was speechless as what to say at this. I just gave a blank stare at him. Looking at me, getting what I am thinking, he again repeated the same thing saying tell me your favorite topic or the topic in which you are convenient. Again there was a silence from my side. Finally he told me I am gonna select you, tell me the topic which you have read. I had read only one topic the day before interview and it was about temperature measurement. He asked me two questions about that topic which were quite simple and I didn’t face any difficulty in answering that.
    He asked me about my current project and I explained him satisfactorily.
    Then looking to my CV he found that I have participated in ELECRAMA competition. He became curious to know about the project and when I explained the project he was happy to know about it. He asked me about peculiar points of the project. I replied them all and he asked me to explain about how intensity of light was controlled. I started explaining the philosophy which we implemented but I was not in that good state to explain that as I was unable to recollect the exact things what we have implemented. He was not happy but satisfied to know what we did in project.
    He then asked me to leave.

HR Interview:

I was in doubt about the fact of my selection as the last part of interview was not impressive, eventhough he stated to me in my interview twice that he is gonna select me.
    I was in stage of excitement and fear at same time but not surprisingly I was called for HR interview.
    I was asked to introduce myself. Then he asked me about my family background and he was satisfied by my reply. He then started asking me some personal question to exactly know my state of my, how much I am comfortable talking my personal things and to analyse my way of talk. He then asked me one threatening question about my academic scores,” You have many ups n down in your academic scores, what do you think is the reason behind it”. I was ready for this question from beginning as I knew it can be question which can drill me out. I took a pause of a second or two and then replied with confidence that,” Sir, I have many extra-curricular activities in my CV, to take out time from this busy schedule and do it is a tough job. But if I talk of myself, I love to do new things and that is what is reflected in my scorecard.” To be honest this was the erratic answer but I was confident that he is not going to tell me anything as what matters is the final average and not the individual semester marks. I was true to my belief. He moved further asking me question about my interest and what I dream about India. I replied the questions the way I think (not pretending any other state) and he finally gave me “Letter of Intent”, congratulating me for being a part of Reliance Family.

Enjoyment Begins.. Unexpected dream coming true..

Interview Questions

• Can I use Layer 3 Switch in place of a router?   1 Answer

Negotiation

• Search for your weakness and try to overcome them, at least be prepared to get out of it.
    • Be ready for interview anytime. Normally we prepare ourselves only at time of interview, please avoid that. Make a habit of refreshing something daily.
    • Revise and be thorough about the projects you prepared in your academic career.
    • Be what you are, don’t try to act smart.
    • Take a pause wherever you feel like that you can be trapped somewhere from your answer. Don’t give other person a chance to counter-attack as far as possible.

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries in September 2011.

Interview

the interview process was quite straight forward. they firstly asked about the family background and basic studies. then asked about area of interest also asked aieee rank .some basic questions about measurement and instrumentation. flow measurement etc. strong basic concept is necessary.

Interview Questions

• 1) concepts abount fluid dynamics and pressure measurement   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

written test
    interview technical and HR

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment.
    Written test for aptitude and technical. Both parts had 60 questions each to be completed in 2 hours.
    Technical test had more of instrumentation standards, like ISO code of a certain type of fittings. One can easily attempt if he/she is from Instrumentation and Control branch of engineering
    One round of 1:1 interview. Lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basics of instrumentation. Types of valves, PID controller etc   Answer Question