Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Reliance Industries

2.9

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Chennai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Two tests: Technical(Chemical/Mechanical) and Aptitude
Students from Metallurgical background must write the test for Mechanical students. Expect very few questions of Metallurgy in the paper. The onus is on aptitude paper for the Metallurgists.
Aptitude paper was easy. Prepare well for aptitude. CGPA is not a major criteria at least in shortlisting process.

Interview Questions

• No question was asked about the internships. Only one question about a small project. Most of the questions test the fundamentals in Metallurgy (corrosion, welding, physical metallurgy and mechanical metallurgy)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a campus placement.

Other Interview Reviews for Reliance Industries

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Varanasi (India)).

Interview

Written test was in two parts,
    1) Aptitude : 30 ques in 30 min. 2 marks each. level was medium, included some verbal questions also, cut off was high probably 26 or 27, so you have to be very careful and fast,
    2) Technical : 50 ques in 30 min, 1 mark each, level was easy, covered wide range of topics but was not too deep into the subject so you dont have to recall much. Mostly understanding based questions.
    Aptitude was main criteria i think for Short-listing.

Interview:
    You are supposed to know everything related to your projects and internships.
    Core knowledge in Pumps, Heat Exchangers, Fractionation towers, thermodynamic cycles is a must.
    Interview may be casual or stress-based, depending on the interviewer and your luck.
    Be clear about your Short term and Long term Goals.

Be confident and more importantly take the job only if you really wanna get into Reliance, else they are smart enough to know you are not interested.

Interview Questions

• It has happened in some cases in RIL, some crazy interviewer may you to 12th standard chemistry or physics or may talk about higher level core knowledge problems, just to test your stress handling.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

Placement was through campus. There were basically two rounds,first was an objective paper which had 50 technical questions and 50 aptitude based. Next was technical interview. Majority of questions were from mass transfer (distillation) and process control.

Interview Questions

• Distillation column design basics and factors affecting it, what changes are required in order to facilitate increase in throughput (feed)?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

hiring was for reliance polymer divison.the interviewer was frank and good......simple question releted to field of study...(mechanical).............direct one on one interview (no panel).....the whole process took one day....the results was annonced next day....

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a written test which includes an aptitude test and a technical section, both of objective type and personal interview. Both HR and technical questions were asked in this round. Importance was given to core subjects and how we would react as a manager under various circumstances.

Interview Questions

• I am from chemical engineering background and certain terminologies used in plant was asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Chennai (India)).

Interview

There was only one interview in which the Techinical and HR discussion were held. The interview was very interesting and some basic questions were asked. The interview was held for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries in December 2012.

Interview

I was recruited through campus recruitment. Two initial screening tests were taken - first for mental ability,second for subject evaluation - chemical engineering in my case.On qualifying the tests two rounds of interviews were taken.First round was technical interview where chemical engineering concepts were tested.Those who cleared the first round were sent for second round of HR interview which was very chilled out.Cliched questions like your biggest achievement,strength,weakness etc. were asked.They were basically trying to gauge your communication skills.

Interview Questions

• For technical round - most important topics were fluid mechanics,thermodynamics and heat transfer.Also questions from bachelor project and summer internships were there.

For HR round - Cliched questions like your biggest achievement,strength,weakness etc. What do you know about our company ? Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

As it was a campus recruitment process, there were no negotiations as CTC was already announced.

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

There was an aptitude test followed by a direct interview. The aptitude test was mostly logical questions that are available in any standard text book like R. S. Aggarwal. There were 30 questions and 30 min. Interview comprised of both technical and HR questions. Only one person was there in the panel.

Interview Questions

• Q: Introduce yourself
      Q: Explain your major project
      Q: Explain your technical skills
      Q:   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

They basically check the technical knowledge about your particular domain. Since my being chemical engineering, they generally prefer asking on heat transfer, fuel engineering, knowledge on industrial engineering particularly related to petrochemicals. Interview is not stressful as one think of but you must be good in your technical skills. They do consider your extracurricular activities. Be confident and be relaxed while interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about hydrogenation and dehydrogenation processes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasnot anything in particular to negotiate.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Ranchi (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

Few candidates were shortlisted on the basis of Aptitude and Technical test. HR and Technical interview was taken simultaneously. Basic HR questions were asked as in who is your role model and what are your strength and weaknesses etc. In the Technical section industry oriented questions were asked just the basic functioning of the refinery and its various units.

Interview Questions

• Explain the working of Distillation Column and what happens if we increase the flow rate of the feed.   Answer Question