Reliance Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reliance Industries Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Vadodara (India)).

Interview

Process started with a pre placement talk at our college campus followed by aptitude test. Shortlisted candidates were called for personal interview. Panel consisted of two guys. Technical questions regarding domain knowledge were asked and few questions related to HR.Panel was friendly and made me very comfortable during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

GET-Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Applied through College Campus Placements in VJTI Mumbai.

The interview process is short and fairly easy. It consists of two rounds
    1. Online Aptitude and Technical Test
    2. Technical and HR Interview

The Online Test for aptitude was moderately difficult and you will have to race against time to complete it. The technical test has 50questions in 30mins. Its fairly difficult in terms that quite a lot factual questions were asked. Questions were from almost the entire syllabus mainly concentrated on materials and their properties.

Interview panel had a Tech person and a HR person. Interview lasted for around 30-40mins with questions coming from almost all disciplines of mechanical engineering. Questions were not deep and a slight knowledge of all the topics will get you through it. HR interview was based on strengths and weekness and how I could handle certain situations in the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about boilers, gas turbines, bearings, piping(though i had not opted for piping as it was an optional subject) materials, pumps, material properties, vibrations etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary structure and job loacations were already specified. so no chance of negotiations.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Online Aptitude test comprising of two sections. First section tests your knowledge on basic computer knowledge such as programming errors, data structures etc. Second section tests your basic quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning. You cannot edit your answers in the first section and each individual gets a different section. Very few questions are repeated.
    Step 2: HR interview with one HR representative.
    Step 3: Technical interview with one representative.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Varanasi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Didnt qualify for interview..Take all the focus upon Aptitude Skills..Have a good CGPA in all the semesters ..Core knowledge is not that important if you are going for Campus Interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked One of my friends about Chemical Hazards...Prepare well to tell them about your accomplishments..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was good, had to wait for 90 minutes just for 15 min interview. Reliance jio was more or less like a market, Dint like the atmosphere there. Interview went well.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

We had a general aptitude test, followed by two rounds of interviews
    One tech and one hr
    Both of them were 1:1 intervews
    The panelists were also from meta background
    First interview was for around 30 minutes and second was for around 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• The first one is a tech interview:
      as I entered the room, the first question was to introduce yourself, later they drilled more on basic concepts (as i am basically from Metallurgical background, the questions were of corrosion like whatis galvonic corrosion, prevention methods, general prevention methods for corrosion and kind of). Later they moved on to my summer project. They seemed very cool and they were patient enough to listen and were very supportive

The second one was hr:
      Here the very basic hr questions like
      Where do you see yourself after 10 years
      What are your long term goals
      How do you keep yourself updated with technology
      How do you describe success

Fashion Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

It was done smoothly. A skype interview with the store director who was very polite. We talked about the brand. He asked me a lot of questions about my future, my plans. And gave me clarity on how exactly the brand works which is quite helpful for me now. The documentation and other formalities were done quick to ensure a great start for any employee.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

There was a pre placement talks first followed by
    Written test (Aptitute + Techinical)
    followed by Interview on the same day.
    After that you get the offer on the same day if your selected

Interview Questions

• About yourself
      Technical questions related to engineering

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Resume Shortlisting based on your projects and software skill set.
    PI lasted for 10 minutes. They asked to explain about projects. There were basic HR questions. Since my project involved working in a startup, they asked to write down the workflow. Be thorough with your projects. A friend of mine who got the job said they essentially looked on communication skills. Prepare answers beforehand and be confident when you deliver it.
    The panel was friendly.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Kolkata (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for Reliance Industries Limited on 24th November, 2016 through campus placements. The process took 2 days.
    ( Some 6-7 Interviews were left at the end of Day1, so the process was extended to the second day)

First Round:- Resume Shortlist.
    A GPA above 7.5 is needed. However, in some colleges above 7 GPA is also allowed to sit for the process.

Second Round: - Online Test.
    This consisted of two parts:- a) General Aptitude & b) Mechanical Engineering.
            a) General Aptitude comprised of simple questions on QA ( 12-15), Verbal ( 5-7) and Analytical Thinking ( 8-10), total of 30 questions, to be solved in 30 minutes.
    They have a strict guard during this round, so try your level best not to cheat, rather, not to get caught.
    Questions were simple, but time is the main factor, and practice is the key.
    Practice Aptitude questions and you can easily score 30/30.
           b) Mechanical Engineering comprised of 50 questions to be solved in 30 mins. It almost covered all the topics, but Material Science questions were maximum in number, specially - The property changes in iron/steel due to addition of Chromium, Vanadium, etc..
    Expect that, questions from all the subjects were equal in number. Numericals were less in number, most of them were theoretical questions..

PS: If you can be the topper in Online Test, you have 90% chance to get an offer.

Third Round:- Personal Interview.
     a) Project (Each and everything, specially materials used, and why they are used)
     b) Any one or two(preferred) subjects.
     c) For HR questions, be prepared with your motive to join Reliance.
    If you were a topper in the online test, PI would be a bit easier.

Then, offers!

Interview Questions

• 1. Project-Related questions.
      2. What is your secondary interest, other than power plants? (I told IC engines)
      3. Otto and Diesel Cycles.
      4. Effect of same compression ratio in both cycles.
      5. Why do u want to join Reliance?