Reliance Industries Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.1

GET-Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Applied through College Campus Placements in VJTI Mumbai.

The interview process is short and fairly easy. It consists of two rounds
    1. Online Aptitude and Technical Test
    2. Technical and HR Interview

The Online Test for aptitude was moderately difficult and you will have to race against time to complete it. The technical test has 50questions in 30mins. Its fairly difficult in terms that quite a lot factual questions were asked. Questions were from almost the entire syllabus mainly concentrated on materials and their properties.

Interview panel had a Tech person and a HR person. Interview lasted for around 30-40mins with questions coming from almost all disciplines of mechanical engineering. Questions were not deep and a slight knowledge of all the topics will get you through it. HR interview was based on strengths and weekness and how I could handle certain situations in the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about boilers, gas turbines, bearings, piping(though i had not opted for piping as it was an optional subject) materials, pumps, material properties, vibrations etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary structure and job loacations were already specified. so no chance of negotiations.

UI/User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied for the position through Internshala. I got a call from the company very soon after that. I went for an interview at the HQ of RIL which is located in Ghansoli, Mumbai. The interview lasted about half an hour. It was pretty decent and I had a good casual chat with the interviewer towards the end of the interview. I had another round of telephonic interview with two senior employees of the company soon. The very next day I was informed that I had been selected for the position. I was elated!

Interview Questions

• Which UX designer do you idolise? Why?

(Then I was asked to open the website of the UX designer)
      Is this website according to the UX standards? Can you point out some design flaws or suggest design improvements for the website?

What's your past experience?
      (The interviewer opened up my online design portfolio and asked me to walk her through and explain the design process used for some of my design layouts)

(I had brought my UX notes along)
      Why have you brought them along with you?
      (Then the interviewer randomly opened a page from the notes and asked me to explain one of the examples that were mentioned)
      Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

They basically check the technical knowledge about your particular domain. Since my being chemical engineering, they generally prefer asking on heat transfer, fuel engineering, knowledge on industrial engineering particularly related to petrochemicals. Interview is not stressful as one think of but you must be good in your technical skills. They do consider your extracurricular activities. Be confident and be relaxed while interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about hydrogenation and dehydrogenation processes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasnot anything in particular to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ghansoli (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Ghansoli (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

3Technical interview-F2F
    1-Asked about all basic knowledge of networking like CDMA,GSM etc
    2-All about my final year project,my family background,about hobbies,weakness strengths,some questions based on my programming lang mention in Resume etc.
    3-All details about my internship,basic questions on my project etc.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college.HR manager contacted through phone. Discussed the possibilities about the interview location and time. Fixed the venue, sent a mail confirming the same.The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It consist of Written test and Personal Interview. If you pass the written test then you are short listed for personal interview.Interview panel will check your technical skills as well as behavior skills also

Design Engineer - Piping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on 12-Aug and received an email on 18-Aug stating that my cv was shortlisted. On 26-Aug i received a call from the HR team and my interview as scheduled on 28-Aug. It was a telephonic interview. It went for nearly 40min. It was a panel of 3. On 7-Sep got and email stating that i was successful in 1st round. Now waiting for the 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• 20% was from Piping Engineering (as am a fresher) and remaining from basics of Strength of Materials   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone screens, face to face, and long drawn out negotiations and high pressure tactics. Lots of frustrations with multiple negotiation breakdowns. Upon walking away they capitulated on the key issues in order to move forward. Do not make any assumptions, be very specific. Do not just say car, say the specific car, trim level, etc. or you will be disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate without your family on a single status package for a multiple year contract where your dependents out of the country will not have any Medical Benefits.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Good interview.It needed your technical general and softskills.They take you if you can answer a few questions only. Nothing more. Plain and simple. You should be confident and technically strong as much as possible. Prepare for gate and you can easily crack the interview. Questions are generally from previous years gate questions and so on

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Mumbai (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

There were 5 rounds of Interviews on a One on One basis. 1 Written test.
    1 Round of interview was with the HR, after which all the rounds were with National Head, Zone Head etc. Took a lot of time for the whole process to complete.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and how you will be able to handle such a high pressure job   Answer Question