Reliant Energy Financial Analyst- Small Business Division Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Financial Analyst- Small Business Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reliant Energy (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position online and wa invited for a phone interview initially. This graduated to a face-to-face interview with 4 people over a 3 hour interview at their office the following week. They seem to like working with one another but are evidently encountering some resistance from some employees in other departments who do not want to provide critical information in a timely matter. I was asked 4 times "How do you deal with difficult people?" Their questions were very indicative of the recent purchase of Reliant by NRG.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer
  • What skills do you have regarding collecting data from various sources and slicing and dicing it for reports and management presentations?   1 Answer

I was sent an offer of employment via FedEx on Monday morning and told to provide my response to them by Wednesday. I requested to have an additional 2 days to review the offer and was told "No, we would need a legitimate business reason for that. Also we require you to have the drug test completed by Friday."
In my opinion, this level of inflexibility and cavalier attitude is indicative of the company culture and I wonder to myself " If they treat me like this BEFORE I accept a position with them, tehn HOW might they treat me afterwards?" I had other plans for Thursday and Friday, outside of Houston, and had no intention of being bullied into cancelling my plans to take a drug test at their last minute whim.