Remington Arms Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter, with various questions asked to me. Recruiter is supposed to get back in touch (by phone) with me or the Remington CEO person, for the ongoing hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about firearms?   2 Answers

Assembly/Parts Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Huntsville, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was great. They made you feel very comfortable and answered all questions that I had. Although the interviewer seemed impressed with my job history, I still have yet to hear back from them which is disappointing as this was a job I actually WANTED and would have enjoyed doing. I still have faith that they will call.

Interview Questions

• What reason did you have for wanting to work there?   2 Answers
    • How did you enjoy the AIDT class that you took as a prerequisite to work there?   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and hectic. Different opinions on what was expected in position. Sounded like more changes coming. Territory could change. Kept changing date and time for interviews and who would interview. Lots of same questions from different people - could have done a panel interview and saved everyone time.

Interview Questions

• Type of experience. How do you handle customers and difficult situations? Relationship building. Talked about previous positions, hobbies, travel, salary expected.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Remington Arms.

Interview

Recruiter phone screening, followed by phone interview, then on-site interview. Very little interest in technical abilities.

Interview Questions

• You don't have relevant skills.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Remington Arms (Elizabethtown, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews, and then they flew me down to Kentucky for the onsite interview. I had a brief chat with the HR manager before I was taken to a large conference room and met with a lot of managers, directors, and engineers. All of them had been there for many years. We discussed the position at length, and the reality is they were interested in how to make their products more cheaply not really adding value. The position duty was how to take their existing product lines and manufacture them for less money. Not a lot of innovation for their R&D center. I could really see why Remington had lost market share and why for a lot of their civilian products they were resting on their laurels. The interview seemed to be going well. I went on a tour of the facility saw the offices and met with the people. Overall they seemed to have lost the passion for what they were doing. Maybe freedom group had sucked the fun out of designing guns or the extensive testing they did had taken its tolls but not a whole lot of enthusiasm over all except for the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really that difficult. Just be prepared to show cost savings or demonstrate design improvement that lead to cost savings.   1 Answer