Renown Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was about 20 minutes. Was then set up for a panel interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Was contacted in a week and was hired.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter who walked me through the process. The call was pretty short with most of it being time for me to ask questions. The recruiter quickly set up another phone interview with the manager for the position. Before that I had to take a McQuaig word association test. What I assumed would be an actual interview with the hiring manager was really another quick phone screen. Third interview was with panel over skype, had some technical issues (my end) so it ended up being over the phone. The panel included the team (without the manager) and the recruiter.

My final interview was not great, based on the first two being super quick and just mostly an opportunity for me to ask questions I wasn't expecting much and didn't fully prepare so that was my bad. The only frustration with the process is that I felt the recruiter had been really great at communicating the process and next steps until I was apparently no longer under consideration. It was just kind of a bummer because regardless of the outcome I felt like I was having a good experience with a process until the end.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Renown?
      Talk us through a training you put together?
      What are the elements for an effective training?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renown Health.

Interview

Just writing the review for Job Seekers because feel the need to share a phone call experience about a recruiter at Renown Health. The unpleasant conversation raises many concerns about mistreatment of employees, overworked long hours, and cheap pay.

Beware of cheap pay, mistreatment, and verbal abuse. The Epic Environmental Engineer position has been posted for over 7+ months. Qualified candidate spoke with recruiter, on the phone and there was aggression, berating, and combative arguments. Red flag, the job has been open for a long time and can suspect the issue is with the organization and not the candidate?

First time ever hearing a recruiter threatening and demanding a candidate force a verbal statement swearing to God to work cheap pay as permanent status employee and committing at least 3, 5, 10+ years at Renown Health. Wouldn't a hospital want happy employees that are well paid to willingly continue to work for the hospital on their own free will? Nobody can predict the future, health or longevity of life therefore cannot make that slave statement. No one is at fault for unforeseen events like being sick, or having an emergency. Is it fair for the recruiter to yell at a candidate because the recruiter predicts the candidate will quit? Does the organization have a history of employees being hired and quitting shortly afterwards leading to high turn-over rates? Do FTE permanent employees at this organization agree to slave labor contracts, working numerous years at 50-70 hours a week, cheap salary with unpaid overtime?

Also disturbing to hear a recruiter call a candidate names like being a liar, desperate, irresponsible and never wanting to grow up for working as a consultant in past employment history. Why would someone lie about being open to considering a permanent role with the organization? How does applying for a job that was open for many months ago give the recruiter permission to call the candidate desperate? Since when did earning a living as a consultant become irresponsible? Does it matter if a person obtained work experience doing environment strategy as a consultant versus working as FTE doing the same environment strategy? Point is the candidate has relevant work experience, knowledge, and skills to qualify for the job. Shouldn't job skills matter more than past income and job status as a consultant?

Why is the recruiter focused on talking about money and being jealous of the larger consultant pay? Candidate is offering to discuss project timelines, expectations, and goals. Yet those ideas are rudely ignored. Candidate is willing to consider working, taking a pay cut to work and help the organization. The recruiter at Renown Health quoted a salary number which is about 60-70% less than the market rate of what a consultant makes. Candidate offered to help, willing to work on a solution with the organization because truly likes the job, has done it before, and helping the hospital benefits the local community. The recruiter denied the candidate a chance to explain how to contribute and work together.

Renown Health doesn’t want any help or to fill this Epic Environmental Engineer position. Don't apply for jobs here, they can't afford to pay new hire employees fairly or competitively in the job market, and there is no care or compassion towards people.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. Many baseless assumptions and insults were made by the recruiter.   Answer Question

Medical Coder Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renown Health.

Interview

Was offered a job and moved from out of state. When I arrived they rescinded the offer. They said it was due to a positive drug Screen but that was impossible. Was not given option to retest.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renown Health.

Interview

The I nterview process was very simple. I was called in for an interview at the location I'd be working at. It was a panel interview, but not intimidating. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Management Interview

Interview

I have interviewed twice at Renown and in both experiences I was shocked at how unprofessional and rude the HR employees were. I was offered a position but declined because of the environment HR presented.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Most is over the phone and when you have your interview in person they make you wait 1 hour after your interview time to interview you. It is a group of 4-8 people interviewing you for so many different floors at once

Interview Questions

• What is your long term goal   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renown Health.

Interview

Fist I met with a recruiter 1:1. They asked questions like How do you work in a team? What's the most important thing to keep in mind when working with others who you might not get along with? Etc. .The Management of the unit I applied for was there, supervisor, and CCT. It was on the unit, they asked 10 pre-written questions. They were very basic/scripted. Essentially wanted to know what a persons moral character is.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A week later, received a response from recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. After two phone interviews (one with my recruiter and one with the department), was invited for an onsite interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

2 hour long interviews with direct peers and key leadership throughout organization. Interview required a presentation based on a previously shared scenario that was followed by key questions about the scale and scope of the program being presented. The interview focused on two domains, technological skill pertaining to program management and development, and communication skills for interactions with key stakeholders from across the organization.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to do your best work each and every day?   1 Answer