Rent-A-Center Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Rent-A-Center Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Des Plaines, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was a bit.... Long, to say the least. I had originally applied in Oct of 2013. Thought everything was going great- I'd received an email about completing assessments, even got a pre- screening interview from a Recruiter in Texas ( they're supposed to assist in the hiring process and get you employment faster). After that, I stopped hearing from the recruiter. Everyone else just said they'd "contact my recruiter and the recruiter will contact me when something became available in my area. No one called. No one emailed. I'm all about being persistent, so I called every store in my area that had open positions available. I had a couple more interviews, but still no response (not one that I wanted to hear anyways). Finally, because I stayed persistent, determined and strong- willed, many store manager and the DM knew who I was and recognized my determination for the position I had longed for, they gave me a proper interview, then after that I took my drug test and background check and passed, got offered the job and here I am! I will say, sometimes being the aggressor helps. Because if you have a recruiter who is not really into helping you get employment (because I did at first), you have to take action. Especially if you're worth the fight. Make a name for yourself!

Interview Questions

• How helpful are the recruiters in the corporate office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was happy with the starting pay!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There was only one interview. It was fairly simple and laid back. The staff/management was very helpful and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if i'm a thief and thick is my skin. It sorta shook me as to the type of customers that i would be dealing with but i did well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fairly simple. I needed the job

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago Heights, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and completed assessment with a great score.

Met with store manager at two locations

Completes an observation day (No work or pay just observe other representatives)

Accepted offer for employment

Completed week long on boarding and training

Interview Questions

• Give example of a time when you resolved a customers problem.

Give an example when you had to deal with an irate customer
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase