Rent-A-Center Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview about a month later. The interview was quick and painless.The interview was not at the store I planned to work at but it wasn't that far of a drive. I was told salary, hours, and what to expect next. When I got home and checked my email I had received the consent for the background check, which I completed, and the places I was able to go for the drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you were in the situation where you had to call a customer who hasn't paid for their items in months, and she told you that she can't pay for the items (which were beds for her children). She also said that if she returned the items her children would have to sleep on the floor. How would you handle this situation.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were both very smooth and professional. I wasn't nervous at all because my hiring manager gave me the impression that he really was looking to hire and so I just showed him myself and hoped he would approve later on after. I wasn't afraid to show personality and humbleness. He explained to me that he didn't want to hire a "Robot"

Interview Questions

• During my interview I was asked if I would like to pursue school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went pretty well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

There was two phone interviews and then a face to face interview.
    The process was really quickly and I was very excited about the position and the pay rate.
    Once hired the training process was null and void.
    You are trained for three days and then thrown to the wolves. You will need to be a self starter!

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in customer service.
      Status in career or field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Des Plaines, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Questions

• Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center in February 2014.

Interview

Received a call from the Store Manager.The first interview is usually with the District Manager but mine was opposite. After you make it past the first interview, you'll get a second with the Store Manager. If you make it past the second interview, you'll shadow for 4 hours, then do a week of training.

Interview Questions

• Interview was basic. No hard questions. Be prepared to sell yourself and know about sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the terms of my employment. I thought the pay offer was fair.

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Decatur, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Question about your past jobs, they don't tell the person about the time spent in the business, so you better ask, ask if carrying furniture is a problem, do you have driving license

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Woodbridge, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Filled out the application online, received a call about 1 days later. The lady called me in for an interview, the interview went really well. Clint just asked me regular CS related questions. Nothing too difficult, waited about 24 hours received an email to go to a local LAB to take drug test. They did backround check all while I was doing the drug testing. A day later the manager called me to start work. Took about 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is upset? How would you overcome certain objectives to customer situations?, Are you comfortable with conducting follow up calls?,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase didnt consist of anything. maybe because I didnt really negotiate. I guess my advice would be to try to negotiate a reasonable starting salary. They started me off at $10.50, in 4 months a .25 raise. Then in 6 months a lead position.

Anonymous Employee in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (West Pittsburg, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview by the District manager followed up with a face to face interview with the District manager and a store manager. After a few days they asked me to come in for a observation 1/2 day to observe the stores inner workings to see if I would be a good fit. At the end of the observation day I was asked if I would like to be hired. I said yes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rent A Center?
      What talents do you bring to the table?
      Can you do heavy lifting?
      Can you drive a truck.
      Do you have a valid drivers license?
      Can you pass a drug test?
      Are you a felon?
      In hindsight, are you brain-damaged?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Was a face to face interview