Rent-A-Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mathews, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Mathews, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. The recruiter was thorough in describing the job and company. She asked probing questions and made sure that I was a good match for the position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Face to Face at corporate office for a new role in Finance / Analytics. Met with Executive, as well as hiring manager & hiring manager's peers. 4 people total. One person grilled me (not the hiring manager), one chuckled about some of the struggles internally. Hiring manager seemed genuinely interested in how my background could benefit them.
    The part of the process that bothered me most was that I was ghosted by the company after these Face To Face interviews. They didn't even have the decency to call and tell me that they had selected someone else, or give any feedback for an upper managerial role.

Interview Questions

• How would I calculate Margin on an item (with out explaining that they consider the financing of an item to be a portion of the item's selling price. )   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Murrieta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A woman came up to me nicely and when I asked if I could speak to her hiring manager she immediately had a poor attitude. She took me to see a gentleman that said they weren't hiring but to give me an apu cation. She walked me over to a bedroom set, pulled open a drawer, handed me an application, I sat down and asked if I could have a pen. She shook her head no and smiled, I then asked her of she had a pen to which she shook her head no, and smiled even to though she had a pen in her hand the entire time.

Human Resources Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via email to schedule an interview about 3 weeks later. Arranged time and date for initial phone interview for the following week. The call never came that day. Contacted recruiter to follow up, which concluded with scheduling another phone interview. Call never happened and recruiter has not bother to contact me again.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because was never given the opportunity to have the scheduled interview.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

they ask basic stuff and most questions are based on your ability to how you would be able to handle customer service issues, this job requires pretty much help customers to get the stuff they want, specially customer doesn't have access to loan or credit card. the interview process was not difficult to respond their questions.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. All phone because I the position I was applying for involved relocating. Spoke to a recruiter, than a Regional and then a Higher up. The questions are fairly easy if you have had a lot of experience in customer service. If not, you will have to let them know that you have not experienced it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Questions

• Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager/Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a response in a very short period of time. Was invited to the store advertising for the position to interview with the store manager. Interview was relatively short but fulfilling, informative, and gave me plenty of excitement and hope. Had a second interview scheduled immediately with District Manager. A bit longer, more in depth questions, but high energy and had even more hope and excitement by the time I left. DM told me he had a market review next day, but would call me Thursday. He along with the store manager offered me their business cards and encouraged me to call them. I have not heard back from anyone, despite stopping back in to the store, and contacting the DM multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in Rent A Center   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Background check and drug screening. First interview with store manager then another with district manager. If everything checks out and the interview went well there is an observation day that lasts less than 4hrs then a start day.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time where you found it appropriate to ignore company policy."   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

it is difficult and confusing