Rent-A-Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

2.7

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Murrieta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A woman came up to me nicely and when I asked if I could speak to her hiring manager she immediately had a poor attitude. She took me to see a gentleman that said they weren't hiring but to give me an apu cation. She walked me over to a bedroom set, pulled open a drawer, handed me an application, I sat down and asked if I could have a pen. She shook her head no and smiled, I then asked her of she had a pen to which she shook her head no, and smiled even to though she had a pen in her hand the entire time.

Human Resources Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via email to schedule an interview about 3 weeks later. Arranged time and date for initial phone interview for the following week. The call never came that day. Contacted recruiter to follow up, which concluded with scheduling another phone interview. Call never happened and recruiter has not bother to contact me again.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because was never given the opportunity to have the scheduled interview.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

they ask basic stuff and most questions are based on your ability to how you would be able to handle customer service issues, this job requires pretty much help customers to get the stuff they want, specially customer doesn't have access to loan or credit card. the interview process was not difficult to respond their questions.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. All phone because I the position I was applying for involved relocating. Spoke to a recruiter, than a Regional and then a Higher up. The questions are fairly easy if you have had a lot of experience in customer service. If not, you will have to let them know that you have not experienced it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Questions

• Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager/Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a response in a very short period of time. Was invited to the store advertising for the position to interview with the store manager. Interview was relatively short but fulfilling, informative, and gave me plenty of excitement and hope. Had a second interview scheduled immediately with District Manager. A bit longer, more in depth questions, but high energy and had even more hope and excitement by the time I left. DM told me he had a market review next day, but would call me Thursday. He along with the store manager offered me their business cards and encouraged me to call them. I have not heard back from anyone, despite stopping back in to the store, and contacting the DM multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in Rent A Center   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Background check and drug screening. First interview with store manager then another with district manager. If everything checks out and the interview went well there is an observation day that lasts less than 4hrs then a start day.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time where you found it appropriate to ignore company policy."   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

it is difficult and confusing

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX).

Interview

Long (slow) hiring process. It took two months before first interview; then 350 questions personality test. Another three weeks before final decision is informed.

Interview Questions

• Current operation/process does not include project management. Many situation questions evolved around changing/adopting corporate culture.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online via indeed and was contacted by two recruiters within an hour of each other. The first set me up for an interview for an Assistant Manager, the second set me up for an interview as a Store Manager Trainee... both on the same day, at the same time, and in the same building.

I met with the District Manager after she, another District Manager, and a third party were 15 minutes late for the appointment, as they were all having lunch together. The very first thing I noticed when I walked in the store was that the associate working was very unkempt and ungroomed, his pants were not around his waste and his dress shirt was not tucked in. I found out during the interview that he was the Store Manager of that location.

I digress... the interview itself went well, and she was without a doubt the most pleasant person during this entire process. She seemed to like her job and the company, and apparently she liked me as well because she set me up for a second interview with a Store Manager at a different location.

During the second interview, I traveled to another store and met up with a gentleman who said he had been with the company for 13 years and explained his experiences. He asked more situational type questions and this interview lasted a bit longer. He must have also liked what I had to offer, because I was phoned for a third interview... this time at a store 30 minutes away.

I met with another District Manager for the third interview, who said he wouldn't shake my hand because he had a virus. My initial thought was, "Why would you be doing interviews and possibly passing a virus to potential candidates in the first place?" Anyway, he boasted that both people I interviewed with thought that I was a wonderful candidate, and after some basic discussion, he verbally offered the position at $39,000 to start. I felt that considering what the job was, this was a decent starting wage. I told him that would be fine to bring me aboard initially and he said that he would need to contact his boss to contact me, because that is much more than they normally pay the position. We then discussed if there were any stores closer to my house. He explained that the territory surrounding my place was controlled by the first DM that I met with and if I wanted he would contact her with what we talked about and she would fit me into one of her stores. He assured me that I would receive coorespondence that evening.

An entire week went by, and I didn't hear anything. I attempted to call that third store back and was given the runaround by the Store Manager. I called again the next day and the same Store Manager told me that he was told my information was given to the other District Manager and she would call me. Another week went by and nothing. I called the initial recruiter back and she assured me that DM1 was on vacation the previous week and would call me that evening. No call. I called the recruiter back again the next day and she would not return my voicemail.

Overall, this was one of the most disorganized and disfunctional experiences I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• Does it bother you that our clientele are generally lower-class people?   Answer Question