Rent-A-Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview about a month later. The interview was quick and painless.The interview was not at the store I planned to work at but it wasn't that far of a drive. I was told salary, hours, and what to expect next. When I got home and checked my email I had received the consent for the background check, which I completed, and the places I was able to go for the drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you were in the situation where you had to call a customer who hasn't paid for their items in months, and she told you that she can't pay for the items (which were beds for her children). She also said that if she returned the items her children would have to sleep on the floor. How would you handle this situation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online about 4 days ago.Got a call interviewed that same day, interview was basic how would you handle etc....shortly after received offer letter I accepted just waiting on a start date

PDS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Antioch, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

5 minutes long and nothing was true pay promised lie. Hours promised lie......the whole time they promised the world but deliver nothing to the p/t workers. I received no training but was put out there on the road by myself for less money then they promised.

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in a couple of years?   1 Answer

Product Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online then one phone interview with the district manager and was hired. Meet with a store manager as company requirement. Started work approximately two weeks after my phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in one year, five years and ten years?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Cocoa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Person asked of my experience and then asked about my ability to lift and move furniture. they were more concerned on how much I could lift then anything else. Weren't very professional with the presentation at all.

Cannot lift heavy weight

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Syracuse, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

was sat down in the show room floor and asked about my previous employment and qualifications,stuff having to do with the products they carry such as phones,tvs,fridges and washer/dryer sets also if u have any customer service experience and experience driving a box-van or any larger vehicles which is required for the job

Interview Questions

• what are my previous employment and qualifications for the job   Answer Question
    • what is your knowledge of the products we carry   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Cottonwood, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, with basic questions and job requirement information given. I was also given the starting pay for myself in regards to the job being offered. You may be asked basic questions about yourself and previous experiences too. You also must perform background and drug test in regards to pre-employment screening.

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process.. Just warned me that some of the customers might be racist.. I'd suggest bringing in a resume to make the process smoother.. Be prepared to take drug test and have a driver and personal background check.. Don't think they are too picky though because they do hire felons.

Interview Questions

• What work experience do you have?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Williamsburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed first in the store that I thought I would be working at and then twice with the district manager in another location. Before my first interview I took an assessment that lasted about an hour and then while interviewing with the district manager her explained job duties and benefits and then asked me to walk the floor and back stock room and tell him some of the things I saw wrong.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

It was supper easy. I had the job within 90 seconds. Just wear a suit and say that you value working really hard and you'll get the job. It is possible to move to full-time if you do well enough in your job, but the interview doesn't seem to be super important as to whether or not you get the job. They are desperate for employees. I started at $9.50, but I probably should have negotiated for a higher pay.