Rent-A-Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.2

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

It was supper easy. I had the job within 90 seconds. Just wear a suit and say that you value working really hard and you'll get the job. It is possible to move to full-time if you do well enough in your job, but the interview doesn't seem to be super important as to whether or not you get the job. They are desperate for employees. I started at $9.50, but I probably should have negotiated for a higher pay.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Lansing, MI).

Interview

very personable and friendly, I was welcomed with a very positive response. They paint a very pretty picture when describing your job so be careful when considering a job at Rent-A-Center. If you are young and single then this is the job for you but if you are a family man you might want to reconsider

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Before the interview process can be begin the applicant first need to pass an assessment test and then at a later time have an interview with the store manager, after the interview if the manager like the interviewee, he/she will have to take a drug test and base on the result will depend the start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't much they just gave out their base salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

First I went on the Interview with Store Manager. They usually ask you the straight forward interview questions. Then If you pass the first interview, they usually call you back a couple days later to set up an interview with the district manager. He mainly talks about the job and what would be required of you. If you pass that part of the interview, you should be starting the job by the beginning of that following week.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an upset customer that you dealt with?

have you ever had to up sell to a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Antioch, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Straight-forward typical questions. Be ready with examples and show that you are willing to work and that you bring something to the table. Remember that you are valuable too, you are not a mere humble beggar. Make it a conversation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Murrieta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A woman came up to me nicely and when I asked if I could speak to her hiring manager she immediately had a poor attitude. She took me to see a gentleman that said they weren't hiring but to give me an apu cation. She walked me over to a bedroom set, pulled open a drawer, handed me an application, I sat down and asked if I could have a pen. She shook her head no and smiled, I then asked her of she had a pen to which she shook her head no, and smiled even to though she had a pen in her hand the entire time.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

brief, concise, to the point. the DM was at the store and interviewed. He was impressed at my past employers and mentioned something about my degree. He said he was going to call me back the next day to follow up. I called him and he said i should be getting a email. process was fast

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Jackson, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and roughly a week later had a one on one interview, followed by a interview with the DM. I was offered the job the same day. Overall it was a very easy interview and I had a positive outlook on the company after it.

Interview Questions

• Just overall questions about managerial experience and retail.   Answer Question

Human Resources Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via email to schedule an interview about 3 weeks later. Arranged time and date for initial phone interview for the following week. The call never came that day. Contacted recruiter to follow up, which concluded with scheduling another phone interview. Call never happened and recruiter has not bother to contact me again.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because was never given the opportunity to have the scheduled interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called and interviewed by a recruiter after emailing my resume, and was later called and interviewed by who would eventually be my supervisor. I heard back about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to work with an unfamiliar technology?   Answer Question