Rent-A-Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

brief, concise, to the point. the DM was at the store and interviewed. He was impressed at my past employers and mentioned something about my degree. He said he was going to call me back the next day to follow up. I called him and he said i should be getting a email. process was fast

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Jackson, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and roughly a week later had a one on one interview, followed by a interview with the DM. I was offered the job the same day. Overall it was a very easy interview and I had a positive outlook on the company after it.

Interview Questions

• Just overall questions about managerial experience and retail.   Answer Question

Human Resources Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via email to schedule an interview about 3 weeks later. Arranged time and date for initial phone interview for the following week. The call never came that day. Contacted recruiter to follow up, which concluded with scheduling another phone interview. Call never happened and recruiter has not bother to contact me again.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because was never given the opportunity to have the scheduled interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called and interviewed by a recruiter after emailing my resume, and was later called and interviewed by who would eventually be my supervisor. I heard back about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to work with an unfamiliar technology?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Go in talk about job get hired if you a good match you get tje job. If your not you wont get the job. I really dont remember that much. It was a while ago. But it was like any other job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Greeley, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Well I hadded my back ground check, my drug screen, then had an interview with the store manager, at which point we set a date for an observation day. It was a nice smooth process. I would recommend this job opportunity to all my friends and family. Security and consistency is a great thing.

Interview Questions

• How many sales a week do you need to hit you're goal?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

very swift. 1 day. took drug test . got hired in 3 days'
    had observation day. accepted offer. i was placed a a store close to my home. im very happy

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5 years.
      why do you want to work here   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Las Cruces, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

Was in my own store, in front of my district manager and regional manager. Ask me multiple questions. shared with me the expectations and the role I'm applying for. They told me I would have to take test and pass to get the job. I also needed to take a drug screen and have them check my back ground/driving record. Thanked my for my time and told me they will let me know if I got the job or not.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were both very smooth and professional. I wasn't nervous at all because my hiring manager gave me the impression that he really was looking to hire and so I just showed him myself and hoped he would approve later on after. I wasn't afraid to show personality and humbleness. He explained to me that he didn't want to hire a "Robot"

Interview Questions

• During my interview I was asked if I would like to pursue school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went pretty well.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haddonfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Haddonfield, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Leasing household appliances, furniture, and electronics, Rent-A-Center frequently hires on customer-oriented associates to sell products and assist clients. Employment seekers often find job postings on the company website and submit hiring documents online. Recruitment staff generally contacts applicants within a day or two of reviewing employment requests to schedule interviews. Rent-A-Center job interviews, which are typically held onsite, may include multiple question-and-answer sessions with assistant and store managers as well as computerized skills tests. Promising candidates typically undergo drug testing and criminal background checks as the final step of the Rent-A-Center hiring process and begin work after satisfactory results arrive.