Rent-A-Center Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

1.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I arrived 5 minutes before the interview, he kept calling me by a different name. I handed him my resume and cover letter, he talked about the position and the requirements. You get two days off and Sundays are off. You must have your drivers license in order to advance in the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that your worked as a team?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you took the role as a leader?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

They called me for an interview the very next day that I applied .. got to the interview .. and I basically got hired right there on the spot . Very easy process .

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were both very smooth and professional. I wasn't nervous at all because my hiring manager gave me the impression that he really was looking to hire and so I just showed him myself and hoped he would approve later on after. I wasn't afraid to show personality and humbleness. He explained to me that he didn't want to hire a "Robot"

Interview Questions

• During my interview I was asked if I would like to pursue school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went pretty well.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

they ask a lot about past employment experience and how you interact with customer one on one.very easy just make sure to smile a lot since that would be your job to give customer great service

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard interview with the district manager. Asked the same old interview questions and explained all the things I would be doing there. Not that hard to get through. Most of the interview is spent talking about the job itself making it seem like it's not that bad. Considering how most stores are understaffed it doesn't seem like a surprise now looking back at it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you expect out of this job?   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

It was good and smooth process. Really relaxing and she made me feel comfortable. Gave me details on what the company has to offer and how long she was in the company. Kept eye contact during the exchange and made it seem as if she wanted to get to know me as a person besides as a worker.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work for Rent-A-Center? what type of experience can i bring to the already good team?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy and laid back...more of a conversaiton with the mananger and then I met with the district manager. Afterwards, i shadowed for a day. A few days later, i got a call asking if I would accept the offer

Interview Questions

• they asked would i be willing to work a varying schedule   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online one month prior and got a call from the manager to come in. I got interviewed by the assistant manager. He basically just asked about my experience, my job history and he liked my personality so much he skipped the "tough" questions and sent me to the computer to take an hour long test which included math, english and personality questions. He then sent me to speak to the manager who told me that i would get the results in a couple days and since the assistant manager liked me so much he doesn't feel the need to interview me. I got a call from the manager two days later saying I passed the test and he told me to come so I can take a drug test. The district manger was there when i got there, he asked me a few questions and told me he liked my personality and said i'm hired pending the results from the drug and background check.