Republic Airways Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Republic Airways Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was face to face. They put a short video talking about the company history, company policy, pay etc... They were calling a group of 3 and making the interview in the same room. 3 were doing the interview which one of them was an actual FA, the other two for my impression didn't know what they were hearing from people who actually have experience in the industry. The person who interview me was going so fast, no interaction just going straight to the answers, typing in an ipad. I believe that, if she didn't like what she was hearing she wouldn't agree to hire you. They need to send people to make interviews who actually knows what they are looking for. Not someone from a department that doesn't have any relative to the position. No wonder why they didn't hired me having experience in this industry. PLEASE, SEND PEOPLE WITH ACTUAL EXPERIENCE IN THE DEPARTMENT AND DONT SEND A FEW MONTHS EMPLOYEE TO DO AN INTERVIEW.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied a couple of weeks ago, received a email saying to complete the video interview , I just completed I did I did a little bad on the video interview praying it al goes we. Please lord.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant ?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Orland Park, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at a hotel in Orland Park, IL. The process began rather quickly. Three employees from Republic came out, introduced themselves and asked if we had any questions. A lady then announced they were going to forego watching a video and begin interviews. (I had no idea which video she was talking about). It was approximately 45 people to be interviewed that morning. RUMOR HAS IT that some of those people are decoys, so be sure to treat everyone nice and answer all questions as if you're they were the ones you need to impress. After answering questions from the audience, they promptly began interviewing 3 people at a time. Apparently, there was a video that was emailed to everyone detailing the job position that I had never received. After telling my interviewer that, she insisted that everyone did get it. I have all emails from Republic Airways to prove that there was no trace of this 13 min video anywhere in my inbox, spam, junk folder, or trash. She asked a few questions pertaining to the content of the video that unfortunately I was unable to answer. My interviewer was not warm or welcoming at all unlike the other 2 people that were apart of the Talent Acquisition team. The total time it took for my interview that day was 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Where will you stay if you are based out of state? What would you do to prepare for that?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What is the most challenging thing you think you could face on a plane?   Answer Question
    • If you had a drunk and belligerent passenger who asked you for one more drink, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Took roughly a month for the entire process which is much faster than the Major Airlines. The position I had applied for was in Chicago, so they flew me out there for a face to face. The interview was given by a Maintenance Manager and an HR Representative. The HR Representative gave the typical HR questions such as "What's your favorite part of the job you have now.....then least favorite part", "Why do you want to come work for us?", "What do you know about our company?", etc. The Maintenance Manager gave me a brief run down of their operations, as I have experience, but no Line Maintenance Experience. Then went on to ask me for a few ATA codes, a few Situational's (i.e. "If you noticed there was a fuel leak (leaving out where it was coming from and how severe it was) with a plane full of passengers, what would you do?", and then went on to talk about minimum tooling and a day to day description such as hours and shifts. Nothing intense at all. Very relaxed interview. We even got to joking a bit and talking about our favorite Aircraft to work on.

Interview Questions

• If you noticed a Landing Light INOP on walk-around, plane's full about to leave, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied in June . In October I Received email of future open house for November sent in my resume for review and a couple days later received invite. There was only 7 people including myself at the event ! Kinda odd since they hadn't conduct any interviews In a while . Process very slow I must say. At the interview the recruiters were very personable and professional, they explain how life on reserved would be and they didn't sugar coat anything they made us feel at ease ! I have been to other open houses and I must say this one I was really relaxed. After presentation they have a chance for those who didn't want to continue to leave then 1:1 interviews began I was 2nd mine didn't last much I must say it was like 10 minutes. They told me the hiring is for 2016 so I would have to wait 2-6 weeks to find out if I got the job. A week later I received my CJO via email. Now just waiting on training dates!!

Interview Questions

• Why republic ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    • If you could redo something in your life what would it be ?   Answer Question
    • Stressful situation how did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiters went out their way to put interviewees at ease. First, the recruiters break the ice introducing themselves by telling a few jokes and presenting a slideshow about the company. Thereafter, the F2F interviews begin with the interviewees who commuted the farthest; then moving on to interview the local residence of where the interview session is being held. Some recruiters offered "a conditional job offer" on the spot; while recruiters told some interviewees they should hear something via email within 2 weeks. I was given a "conditional job offer" on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most challenging job of being a flight attendant?   1 Answer
    • Describe one time you went above and beyond the the "normal" customer experience.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you caught a co-worker being dishonest/stealing...what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a passenger handed you a dirty diaper?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and corrected it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered to start the next training on June 22 and/or June 23, 2015, or I could take the next training, which would begin sometime in July 2015; I chose July.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, emailed them which "information session" I wanted to go to, went to interview and 4 so called recruiters spoke about the company and showed presentation (2 of the 4 were flight attendants), taken back for one on one interviews, I was interviewed by a snobby uptight male flight attendant who worked for Republic Airlines certificate, told us we'd hear something within two weeks, got a TBNT email 2 days later. They should stop being cheap and hire actual recruiters not use bias senior flight attendants and uptight HR people as recruiters!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Why did you leave your last job(s)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview began with checking in. The next part of the interview included a presentation about the company and more information about the position. The employees were very professional and friendly. After giving those that did not wish to continue leave, they called for f2f interviews. Some individuals were hired that day and some are hired later on. The process was overall easy if u have experience and are genuine with your answers.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I was on their website and saw that they were having an information session Dec. 30th In Chicago. So I the rsvp'd to the email given on the website to get the location details. There were about 40-50 ppl waiting to go into the rooms. Once we sat down there were about 5-6 ppl representing republic and presenting the information. We learned the rate of pay and the different branches of republic... By the end of the presentation you are told you must choose if you want to do republic or chataqua. Then we sat in the presentation room while the 5-6 ppl would call us one by one for individual interviews. They asked basic questions. Major things they want to hear is how you love customer service and how important safety is, so make sure you stress both of those into your answers.Then they asked which branch of the airlines did you want to work for. Finally they asked you to read a preflight announcement. I would suggest practice reading random articles out loud so you sound natural when they listen to you. Once that is done they give you a chance to ask them any questions. Finally they say you should hear from us with in the next couple of weeks.

I received and email January 2nd informing me that I made it to the next step and they are currently checking my background and verifying employment. They said the total process could take up to 6 weeks so I'm assuming that's because the training dates aren't till late February.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      Name a time when you had excellent customer service.
      What do you know about republic airways?   2 Answers

Aviation Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

After application a phone interview was conducted. Once that was passed, an in person interview was scheduled. This was a basic interview, meet with management and answer questions based on knowledge. The interview itself was relatively easy, but the management I interviewed with were knowledgeable in what they were looking for.