Republic National Distributing Company On-Premise Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

On Premise Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company.

Interview

Applied online, was a very easy process. The company asked easy basic questions. They're looking for individuals with high work ethic and sense of ugency. If anything I recommend looking up whatever beverage you would be asking to sell.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Republic National Distributing Company

On-Premise Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company.

Interview

Very well thought out and personable interview process. Extremely straightforward communication methodologies and personable demeanors from both interviewers. In both cases the interviewers were clearly dedicated to the integrity and well-being of their company, it is rare to find the kind of corporate culture that cultivates that kind of unabashed commitment. The hiring process apears to be highly competitive and the hiring managers are highly selective.

Interview Questions

• Pre-screening and psychological profiling via online cognitive & personality test can be intimidating, just relax and you will do fine.   Answer Question

On Premise Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Depending on your experience and skill level to meet the expectations of this position, the process will vary. You could interview with different divisions as well as a panel of interviewers. There are most likely more candidates than yourself applying for the open position and a back ground check as well as a drug screening are required before the job is offered. This is a question that ultimately depends upon the one interviewing.

Negotiation

Varies

On-Premise Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company.

Interview

Quick and painless. Saw a job was posted, had an employee referral, talked to someone he referred me to around mid june. This was the long part, as I talked to a couple different people before my resume landed in front of the person who ultimately will be my boss. Once it was in front of him it moved quickly (Initial phone call to written offer in about 2 weeks).

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a panel of managers that seemed to be effective to weed people out. but not necessarily get good people. I think it is hard with a company that has so many divisions and so many chiefs to have a standard process. they will get it rich tone day

Negotiation

they don't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through a career fair at university of Houston and was contacted by a recruiter for a group interview. Then I was selected to participate in a group interview- there were about 20 people that were divided into groups. My group was supposed to have four people but ended up only having two of us. Then commenced a 3 hour interview where managers were coming and out and asking both of us questions. They asked us to role play with us together as well. I received a phone call with an offer maybe 2 weeks later, the other girl got an offer too but she declined to go with another company. She needed up working for republic about a year later.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company (Littleton, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

The actual process moved quickly, though it was certainly time-consuming. I met with many people before I was hired. (My boss, his boss, his boss, and the big boss.) Be ready with sharp answers! They cared less about my wine knowledge and ore about my sales ability, which I very much appreciated.

You will also need to take a sales assessment test, get a drug/alcohol test, and other things. I think it's just part of this being such a large company and industry leader.

Interview Questions

• The red wines of Bordeaux are usually blends of two or more of which five grapes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews. One was a panel interview. Was a lot of hurry up and wait in terms of scheduling. Also had to do a written aptitude test. The panel had 4 different managers all asking questions. The one on one was with who would be my boss and was more of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience I have with sales. Also had me sell a pen they had.   Answer Question

On-Premise Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company in June 2011.

Interview

It was a very simple process for me since I already knew a bunch of the employees. The initial interview was super simple but not having much of a background in beer made it difficult for me to answer a ton of questions. My main interview went really well and I ended up basically doing my second interview at the same time.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was naming off the brands since I wasn't 100% familiar with them but I had done my research before and my friends there helped me out to get familiar with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was great so there wasn't any negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic National Distributing Company (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted numerous times and went in to interview and then just never heard anything back. I continued to apply online for open positions until I finally made it through the process and was hired.

1st interview is easy just talk about history and why should we choose you? 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses and the usual. It was 1:1 but 3 different 1:1

2nd interview was a grou/panel interview everyone participated nad it was easy going - KNOW THEIR BRANDS!! if they ask which brand is better you should know the right answer and if not be ready to spin.

3rd interview was informal and they made the offer to me after getitng my background check back.

It is very lengthy process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT