Republic Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Republic Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to Face interview, background check and drug screening. Recruiter kept me posted with the whole process. After the interview, I was offered the position and last few steps to complete hiring process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Republic Services

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fishers, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, then proceeded by email, proceeded by in person interview. Interviewed in front of a group of people. Then email you to determine if you get hired

Interview Questions

• What is one good trait you have?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview with a tour of the facility and then a interview with two supervisors. While walking around there was small talk in regards to the benefits offered at the center. If people working noticed they wave and smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a challenging situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

The first recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview and then missed the appointment. I called back an hour later and left a message. The following morning she called back to reschedule the interview for the same day, missed the appointment, and then called back about an hour later. When she finally called back I was no longer available. A different recruiter then reached out to me a few days later via phone and email to schedule a third interview. The second recruiter never called at the scheduled time. I called and left messages on both phone numbers provided. After the third attempt I submitted a request to have my application withdrawn. Her response was she would gladly withdraw my application and after reviewing the previous profile notes she hadn't bothered to call me anyway.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Called in and went over resume. Asked about qualifications in phone interview. On the phone I was told to schedule an in-person interview. The in person interview felt scripted and not personable at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was a customer that made you angry. What did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the manager is looking for. Basic interview questions (weakness, strengths, what did you do in situations were a customer was irate).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

I was interviewed by the customer service supervisor who called me the next day and offered me the position. I was not offered a tour of the facility, I would have run screaming if I had seen the conditions, the conference room we were in was shabby but not too horrendous.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fremont, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Through Randstad, there's one interview with the Customer Service Manager. She was pretty nice, didn't ask too many personal questions. Based my employment off of my resume mostly, and my upbeat/friendly demeanor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestwood, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Crestwood, Cook, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later for a 1:1 interview. Interviewed with the Office Manager who raved about how my skills/experience were perfect for the position. I honestly believed that the interview went very well. I was told that I would hear something back by the following week. Left a msg for the Office Manager the following week to see if the position had been filled...no callback, which I thought was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• Was asked what I knew about the company as well basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Same as any job. They hire based on personality and if your a good fit

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Get it in writing. I was lied too & they admitted they lied. GET IT IN WRITING