Republic Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Republic Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fishers, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, then proceeded by email, proceeded by in person interview. Interviewed in front of a group of people. Then email you to determine if you get hired

Interview Questions

• What is one good trait you have?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Republic Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

The first recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview and then missed the appointment. I called back an hour later and left a message. The following morning she called back to reschedule the interview for the same day, missed the appointment, and then called back about an hour later. When she finally called back I was no longer available. A different recruiter then reached out to me a few days later via phone and email to schedule a third interview. The second recruiter never called at the scheduled time. I called and left messages on both phone numbers provided. After the third attempt I submitted a request to have my application withdrawn. Her response was she would gladly withdraw my application and after reviewing the previous profile notes she hadn't bothered to call me anyway.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Called in and went over resume. Asked about qualifications in phone interview. On the phone I was told to schedule an in-person interview. The in person interview felt scripted and not personable at all.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was a customer that made you angry. What did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the manager is looking for. Basic interview questions (weakness, strengths, what did you do in situations were a customer was irate).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

I was interviewed by the customer service supervisor who called me the next day and offered me the position. I was not offered a tour of the facility, I would have run screaming if I had seen the conditions, the conference room we were in was shabby but not too horrendous.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fremont, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Through Randstad, there's one interview with the Customer Service Manager. She was pretty nice, didn't ask too many personal questions. Based my employment off of my resume mostly, and my upbeat/friendly demeanor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestwood, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Crestwood, Cook, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later for a 1:1 interview. Interviewed with the Office Manager who raved about how my skills/experience were perfect for the position. I honestly believed that the interview went very well. I was told that I would hear something back by the following week. Left a msg for the Office Manager the following week to see if the position had been filled...no callback, which I thought was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• Was asked what I knew about the company as well basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Same as any job. They hire based on personality and if your a good fit

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Get it in writing. I was lied too & they admitted they lied. GET IT IN WRITING

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Arlington, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume on careerbuilder.com, three seperate interviews with two supervisors and one hiring manager. After that there is a personality test, then background and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your manger/boss asked you to do something that was not acceptable.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had and what did you to diffuse and help customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestwood, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Crestwood, Cook, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Initially submitted my resume via an online job search website. Was contacted about 3 weeks later and told to come into an interview the next day. Went to the interview and filled out an application then had the interview. The office manager was really nice and helpful and the questions were mostly behavioral based on my past work experience. Nothing too hard. Questions were "name a time when you had to go above and beyond", "was there ever a time that you had to give a customer bad news" "was there anything difficult that you faced at work and how did you overcome this" Was told I would find out at the end of the week if I was to be hired