Republic Services Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Republic Services Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Emailed to set up phone screening. Phone screening lasted about 30 minutes. This included generic questions regarding past experience with customer service and sales. The interview was very awkward, with questions asked and then long silent pauses while interviewer tried to type out your responses.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Republic Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Republic Services (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

1st interview. Followed a Form that was provided by cirporate h r dept with questions. and answers. Read almost verbatim off the form. Only asked a few questions that were not on the form.

Interview Questions

• What is your closing ratio   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I received a call from them last week to come in for an interview but was scared because of the drug testing process. They called me again today and left a voicemail about coming in for a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pre employment drug testing do they use? Hair or urine?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Republic Services (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Although I didn't end up taking the job, the interview process was pretty straight forward. A lot of questions regarding problem solving and customer complaint situations and how you would handle them.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wanted to cancel service, how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen then first face to face interview. General questions about my resume were asked. Manager didn't go by the book, but asked all the questions that he felt were important. Called back for a 2nd interview were I met the GM. Good straight forward process.
    After offer letter was sent and accepted a drug test and background check was conducted. That took about 1 1/2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Explain what your daily activities were at your last job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. I asked to change a couple of things and they did.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

Empty promises, "the sky is the limit" is repeadtly used. It's fairly unprofessional, and maybe even a little disrespectful of your time. The management has a very nonchalant attitude about the process, and does not seem to take many notes, if any. Definitely make you feel as though you "need" them, instead of you being an asset.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex situation you experienced, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Services (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to complete a phone interview. I attended the phone interview which was quite lengthy and outlined my previous skills and accomplishments. I felt very uncomfortable throughout the phone interview as the sales manager asked some seemingly personal questions which I didn't feel were appropriate. Nonetheless, I was eager to move forward as it appeared to be an excellent opportunity. I was thrilled to be contacted within 2 weeks for an in person interview. I arrived at the location early and was asked to come in for my in person interview. The interview process was extremely lengthy, much longer than a typical interview. I was quite appalled at the managers questions which were totally out of line and extremely inappropriate. To top it off I went through this over 2 hour interview process and was told by the manager at the very end...thank you for your time. We actually already hired someone for the position and they are starting this week.

Interview Questions

• I can't really recall - there were many inappropriate questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Republic Services.

Interview

I was hired quickly to fill an open position with a new manager. Phone interview, in person interview, ride along with current employee, final interview, drug test (hair) then offer. Make sure you ask the current employee about changes over their job history. This company changes and manipulates policies often.

Interview Questions

• General questions, be prepared to give personal examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, must sign non-compete as well

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

4-6 week the phone, a group interview, but the interview with the V.P. is the worst he reads each line of your resume and questions everything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for a commission guarantee for six month. If you don't ask,it will not be offered also negotiate hard for base salary because there will not be any increases. Don't stay long

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Services (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Short. Multiple people in the room. Basic questions. "think of a time you overcame adversity."

Whats your biggest weakness? What would you do in this situation? How would you over come rejection? What is the best method for closing deals?

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in sales   1 Answer