Reputation.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reputation.com (Redwood City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial 30 mins with HR/recruiter. Then an hour with Director. This can get technical as well. Basic to advance Java topics including Threading. After that a HackerRank challenge.
    Next phase is on-site interview at their HQ in Redwood City, CA. The interview was with 6 different people that was 45 mins each (senior/software engineers, director and then VP).
    The questions consists of CTCI types and System Design. A lot of focus on System Design questions. If you google those you will get the idea.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reputation.com (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen: Describe yourself, recent project, etc. If you presented yourself well, recruiter would then explain the role more to you, what the next steps of the hiring process, are, etc. Pretty standard stuff.
    Take-Home Assignment: NDA; soft deadline of a week

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Reputation.com? Why did you decide to apply to Reputation.com?   Answer Question

Oct 4, 2017 – Leadership Team

We appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience interviewing with Reputation.com. Best of luck to you in your job search!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reputation.com (Redwood City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First HR phone call, then a take home assignment, requires to finish using Python/ R, I submitted within 24 hours, third round is a technical phone interview with a Data Scientist, asking some questions about the assignment, and one Python coding question. Then the on-site interview with 3 people, team lead, the same DS as the phone interview, and a HR, in the on-site interview, all the questions they asked are Python algorithm problems, I was wondering if they want to hire a Data Analyst or an Engineer. The office looks nice, but I guess they have high expectation for this role.

Interview Questions

• If u have 1 billion random numbers, find the median, the storage for u to save numbers is only 10 numbers per time.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reputation.com (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

A few phone screens, they had me complete a lengthy "challenge", which is not too a-typical. However, the hiring manager spoke with me about it and asked me to make updates to it to prepare to defend it in an interview, which never occurred. After sending a couple polite follow-ups I finally heard back a month later that they had moved on. I feel like work was stolen and I was used as free labor, this is unethical.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, nothing special   1 Answer

Sep 25, 2017 – Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Product Marketing interview. We value your time and effort -- unfortunately, challenge exercises don't always result in another interview. We understand... More

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reputation.com (Tempe, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

1.Phone interview with technical recruiter 2. On-site Interview with Director(including a Java challenge) 3. Hand on Test about Microservices and Spring Boot 4. Group/Panel Interview (4 interviewers besides a VP).

Interview Questions

• 1.Basic Java/J2EE Questions. Collections(hierarchy), Spring(benefits, drawback, autowire), and Hibernate(O2O, O2M, M2M). 2.Resume questions not only the recent project   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reputation.com in July 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter, had a few calls over a two week time frame. Talked to the managers, and the Vice President. Everyone was great. I got to talk to a lot of employees also.

Interview Questions

• Job history, how I succeed, what do I find hard about my current role. etc   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reputation.com (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Talked briefly with HR over phone and then company scheduled onsite after a week.
    Company is a total crap. They have a small office in Tempe which looks like a warehouse. Employees here have major attitude problem.
    Was asked to code in laptop connected to a projector.

Interview Questions

Reputation.com Response

Jun 23, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you had that experience while interviewing with Reputation.com. We encourage you to reach out to us directly regarding your feedback on our office as we have... More

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reputation.com in May 2017.

Interview

Spent about 5 min with the recruiter on the initial screen, all he cared about was salary expectations which I was fine with. I just wasted 2 months interviewing with another company to find out their comp structure is 70/30 and they won't come anywhere near what I'm making now so trust me, its better to set expectations early. What I didn't like is him saying they pay according to your previous salary, as in if you were making $50k, no chance they'll pay you $150k which is unreasonable if the person is skilled and thats the market rate. Either way, no issues on salary expectations, on to the next round which was a HW assignment.

HW had 2 questions, 1 re-sizing a js widget/iframe. Pretty basic although its been years since I did any HTML related work so it took a bit longer for me. 2nd one was pulling some data using API from some random site, simple.

30 min technical phone screen. 27 minutes of it went great. In the last 3 minutes I asked how much coding they actually do day-to-day because I'm not really looking for a software engineer job.

Few days later recruiter followed up saying they're won't continue. They liked everything expect that I wasn't willing to do hands on work. Not exactly what I said, I just wasn't interested in coding but if thats the requirement then its mutual.

Overall, positive experience.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reputation.com in May 2017.

Interview

Long, confusing, and often disjointed due to lack of information sharing between departments and offices. Also, the C suite level interviewer was brash, condescending and acted as if they had no idea what my salary expectation was. It was strange to say the least and a colossal waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Vague and bordering on lack of knowledge of the marketing world   Answer Question

Customer Success Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reputation.com.

Interview

I felt the application process went well, but the post application process left me with a negative impression.

The first round was a 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager

The second round included an onsite assessment presentation to test how I would upsell and renew an existing unhappy client. I felt that the prompt was well suited for my knowledge of the business and that reputation prepared me well. The questioning during the presentation was timely and well thought out. They did a good job challenging me but keeping it relevant.

They brought me on site for the third round; where I met with the hiring manager, my direct reports, and a peer.

I was disappointed with the process once the interviews had concluded. Here was the timeline:

- After the interview: I was told I would hear back by the end of the week or the beginning of the next week.
    - One week after the interview concluded: I followed up and was told that they needed more time and that they needed till the end of the week.
    - Two weeks after the interview concluded: I followed up since there was no work from Reputation. I received a prompt reply but was told they needed another week.
    - One month after the interview concluded: No update from Reputation, so I emailed the hiring manager to withdraw my name.

I understand that issues arise and that clients take priority, but interview candidates are clients as well and at minimum deserve updates up with a realistic timeline.

Interview Questions

• During the presentation, one of the interviewers who was playing the role of the client asked, would you give me a discount if I resign? This was difficult because I did not know what they discount policy was at the time.   1 Answer